New Times Hair - Huge Number of Base Configurations. Also, What's Going On in This Pic??

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They are the sister company of Lordhair and many of their products are manufactured by the same factory.

That is a silk top, the hair is knotted or injected into lace that is sandwiched between two silk layers to make the knots invisible. They are popular with Black women.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I assume it's really hot/thick - otherwise, it sounds good. Injected, invisible knots ?

It seems the perimeter is ordinary lace?

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right, the perimiter is ordinary lace, silk top wigs usually have some potion of ordinary lace, especially at the very front where the triple layer base would be too thick to disappear.

There was a thread on here recently started by a guy wearing one of these who wanted to know what kind if base it is and he'd said it was trapping water underneath and caused an allergic-type reaction:
This is not an issue I've heard reported elsewhere.

I would suggest searching google for 'silk top' with 'site:forum.blackhairmedia.com' if you want more info

Last edited:

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Generally speaking, women consider them superior to lace because of the realism of the scalp appearance.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't even see the price on their website. I assume they only offer custom pieces ?

duce

My Regimen
Reaction score
They sell stock pieces on Alibaba and you can see the prices. I have tried them only once. It was a full lace and medium-light density. It was mediocre at best. The front part was medium-light but the other parts especially the crown area was like medium heavy. Everyone noticed that I was wearing a toupee.... I don't recommend them.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
They sell stock pieces on Alibaba and you can see the prices. I have tried them only once. It was a full lace and medium-light density. It was mediocre at best. The front part was medium-light but the other parts especially the crown area was like medium heavy. Everyone noticed that I was wearing a toupee.... I don't recommend them.
Thanks for the info. The fact that they have you inquire about a quote is very off putting. They're not selling some magnificantly-priced luxury.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. It is really weird that they do not publish prices on their website.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I assume it's really hot/thick - otherwise, it sounds good. Injected, invisible knots ?

Here's a thread on Black Hair Media about the drawbacks of silk top hairpieces:

The most common complaints seem to be that 1. the border between the silk layers and the ordinary lace is too visible and gives away that it's a wig (this may be a quality control issue).
2. silk top hairpieces are "bulky"
3. the color of the silk 'scalp' has to match the skin color of the wearer or it will look like a wig.

Monkey-nuts

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm glad I found this thread, I was looking at them today and was excited by their choice.

I usually have my hair long, so it was good to see options of 8" hair but disappointing to read the reviews not just here but generally.

So is Lord Hair related with the same quality products?

Robrover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered a stock womans full cap all lace wig from them to modify for my own use. It took a LOT of work to get it right - cutting it down, much thinning, reshaping the base, cutting in recession, blending in the temples to align seemlessly with my own sideburns - about 4 to 6 hours of work in all. But with a bit of product added, it has turned out ok, not perfect, and not as good as the prepandemic custom wigs, but certainly wearable.

KDC

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven't seen any company offer more.

Has anyone tried pieces by them?

Can someone explain what's going on here?? https://www.newtimeshair.com/ljc130...EmhWZKQJh0MRda4bcb202hmRpA0K78bj_xofsv-gIUEaA
I have had several units from NTH.the first few were good quality with European hair but slowly the quality has went downhill, mainly the pu band(more like a thin skin) at sides rips after 3,4 weeks of wear,when you e mail them they say you are not using c 22 etc,told them been wearing 20 years plus and i know how to remove tape safely, also hair density never seems to be same as last order which i find bizarre.Hard to get your instruction's accross to them but i suppose thats what comes from dealing direct with factory in China