"new" theory on baldness

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"new" theory on baldness

i was looking up if girls liked bald guys and came up on this answer on yahoo (a muscular bald guy was talking about if bald guys were attractive and how he cud only meet slutty girls)

"Lol slutty girls! I dont find bald men attractive myself, although, its about the persons face not whats on their head. Most bald guys are overweight and ugly anyway. Michael Rosendbaum who plays Lex Luther in Smallville is nice, and Art Malik from Holby City, but thats just because they are good looking anyway."

the neutrality of it was refreshing. she didnt go overboard and say "OMG BALD IS BEAUTIFUL" but she didnt say "ALL BALDIES ARE OLD/UGLY".

i like how she says its more about the face then hair.

and when she says bald men are usually ugly, i think she only sees the george costanzas and typical overweight "dad" type bald men with big glasses and such

perhaps the main reason why baldness is considered ugly is cuz girls only see the ones who dont look that good anyways.

seeing them with baldness is like only seeing fat ugly girls like precious, but not noticing the fat girls with cute faces, so u end up thinking ALL fat girls are ugly

- - - Updated - - -

so i think she implies that if a bald guy is good looking facially and still takes care of himself she wud still like him

the main thing that makes me worried ofc is by HOW MUCH do i go down in points with baldness, and the most import question-

HOW MUCH WORSE IS MY LOOKS MATCHED GIRLFRIEND WITH BALDNESS AND WITHOUT?

(i.e. the girl who u can be in a long term relationship with and is the same on the looks scale as you)

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Fear is our enemy. We are afraid to go bald. We are afraid of side effects. Such is my life. Who wants to start finasteride at the same time as me?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Maybe baldness is ugly because we bald men tend to outwardly project our internal angry state like a highly amplified, sharp signa( much like the shrill of an alarm siren) to the random people around us. No I think we know that's really not it, well at least not all of it of it. The answer(s) may be more subjective than that . For me and maybe for a lot of guys it's more about losing control and knowing we have only a limited number of resources and choices to satisfactorily do much to change(improve) our progressive situation.

The ugly stigma for the bald man sprung from the lowly bowels of human nature and was nurtured in the bosom of man kind's primal program or selective order, etc., For many " the complex created" by the pervasive bald stigma starts and stays going around in a vicious cycle of anger and depression. Together these are fueled by it's initial symptom or forerunner; anxiety , as well as stimulation by, but not necessarily related, negative outside influences/factors ( reduced to an idiom, modernly known as "real life").

Through natural processes and unbroken patterns interchangeably associated with behavioral reinforcement (nurture) and cultural/subcultural mimicry, our ignorant and/or indifferent society/majority populace help pass on to it's offspring and future sufferers this rudimentarily impractical and example of cultural generalization. (stereotype). Therefore our suffering persists by in large due to society's customarily planting and replanting of this figuratively unrefinable and unpalatable food.

Finally I come to the glaring, stark conclusion that the explanation to the fundamental reason(s) why the bald man suffers so much is due to the understanding that originally the bald individuals obvious cosmetic predicament (devoid of any survival practicality and use )began to serve as a simple play thing or an object of interest, simply designed for the polarizing side and benefit of mankind's idle amusement. Rather than acknowledging these bias attitudes as fruitless or inhumane we carry on and preserve their custom.

Sooner or later the bald person, who perhaps a once upon a time proselytizing stigmatic perpetrator him/herself, slowly comes to understand that some learned and social practices carry with them a conditional definition for words like injustice and abuse. Like a backwards farmer that keeps flinging this invasive and poisonous weed, we identify with the hair loss experience as seasoned sufferers only can. The barren crop stretches further and further beyond the perimeters of his ploughed field, from generation to growing generation.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Whenever I see a bald guy with a decent looking wife or gf, there is always a defensiveness or suspicion in their eyes around coiffed men. It's fascinating like they know the relationship is vulnerable.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Maybe baldness is ugly because we bald men tend to outwardly project our internal angry state like a highly amplified, sharp signa( much like the shrill of an alarm siren) to the random people around us. No I think we know that's really not it, well at least not all of it of it. The answer(s) may be more subjective than that . For me and maybe for a lot of guys it's more about losing control and knowing we have only a limited number of resources and choices to satisfactorily do much to change(improve) our progressive situation.

The ugly stigma for the bald man sprung from the lowly bowels of human nature and was nurtured in the bosom of man kind's primal program or selective order, etc., For many " the complex created" by the pervasive bald stigma starts and stays going around in a vicious cycle of anger and depression. Together these are fueled by it's initial symptom or forerunner; anxiety , as well as stimulation by, but not necessarily related, negative outside influences/factors ( reduced to an idiom, modernly known as "real life").

Through natural processes and unbroken patterns interchangeably associated with behavioral reinforcement (nurture) and cultural/subcultural mimicry, our ignorant and/or indifferent society/majority populace help pass on to it's offspring and future sufferers this rudimentarily impractical and example of cultural generalization. (stereotype). Therefore our suffering persists by in large due to society's customarily planting and replanting of this figuratively unrefinable and unpalatable food.

Finally I come to the glaring, stark conclusion that the explanation to the fundamental reason(s) why the bald man suffers so much is due to the understanding that originally the bald individuals obvious cosmetic predicament (devoid of any survival practicality and use )began to serve as a simple play thing or an object of interest, simply designed for the polarizing side and benefit of mankind's idle amusement. Rather than acknowledging these bias attitudes as fruitless or inhumane we carry on and preserve their custom.

Sooner or later the bald person, who perhaps a once upon a time proselytizing stigmatic perpetrator him/herself, slowly comes to understand that some learned and social practices carry with them a conditional definition for words like injustice and abuse. Like a backwards farmer that keeps flinging this invasive and poisonous weed, we identify with the hair loss experience as seasoned sufferers only can. The barren crop stretches further and further beyond the perimeters of his ploughed field, from generation to growing generation.

Some here may give you flak for your writing style walker, but that was a highly articulate and beautifully written piece that perfectly expresses the phenomena that so many have difficulty explaining, let alone identifying. Thank you for that work.

As bald men we quickly come to realize that abrupt estrangement that occurs when we become "different". We notice the change in others behavior towards us and may come to feel vulnerable and powerless to others random opinions... which more often than not are not good. The bald do not belong to any protected class that enjoys refuge from the glaring eye of harsh public scrutiny. We are indeed vulnerable and I would not only be lying to you but myself as well when I tell you that not all bald men have felt as if they are looked down on.

As for Exodus, as refreshing as that may seem we have as little control over the shape and type of face we have as we do this condition. I find it discouraging that good looking people take credit for their faces as if they worked hard their whole lives for it, when really it all comes down to dumb luck.