New system wearer, urgent advice needed

sammyboyrep

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all!
I’m a new Thin Skin Frontal wearer and am facing a couple of issues which I’m hoping you guys can help with.
I purchased a frontal from LordHair, and the GhostBond with extra moisture control.. I fitted the system and it looked great, but just a few days later, i have a really sticky hairline (with hairs getting caught) and now the system is lifting… is this normal after only a few days? And is there a better adhesive to use? I find this one really messy :(
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Sam

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems quite normal but the duration of hold can vary depending on a number of facts, such as - but not limited to -

Your activity affecting body temperature
The weather
How you style your hair
If you use moisturising creams on your face that might seep up your forehead and loosen the bond
How often you wash your hair
How you applied your bond. Did you let it cure properly? How many layers did you use and how long did you leave between each appplication?
Do you use an anti-perspirant on your scalp? This can help get a better hold in hot/humid conditions.

Duration of hold is very much subjective to these factors and to your own body chemistry.

If you're exposing the hairline then the bond matters a great deal because you want the hairline to look perfect. I used to do this and still do expose the hairline completely, but generally I'll go for a style that has the hair up but tries to cast a shadow over the hairline so that it's not 100% exposed. I can get away with not doing the hairline for a week then.

The sticky hairline could be due to the glue either seeping out (usually happens when you sleep overnight) or maybe you applied the glue too low below the edge of the UTS.