New potential treatment on the way.

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
>>> Hedgehog is one of many cell-signaling pathways that scientists are scrutinizing. And Curis hopes it will work wonders on thinning pates of both males and females. When you see a lustrous head of hair, chances are it's at least partly due to healthy Hedgehog signaling, which prompts the body's multitalented stem cells to proliferate around follicles, initiating hair growth. By activating Hedgehog, Curis' drug targets hair growth at its root, so to speak. That could make the drug more effective than current treatments, which mainly aim to increase the size of shrunken hair follicles or to fight certain hormones involved in hair loss.<<<

http://yahoo.businessweek.com/magazine/ ... _mz018.htm

Let us pray for God, we might finally find a real treatment.
:laugh:

maintainence1

Established Member
Reaction score
That would be great if they could get this figured out in 10 years or so. With Hair Multiplication and this pill we'd be set.

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
could people hold off their hair loss that long?? up until 6 months ago, i was suffering from a mild case of diffuse thinnnig.. now, i am at least norwood 2 or 3... hairline receded 1/2", temples dramatically thinned..

the way i'm going, i'll be bald in a few months..

G

jfrank said:
could people hold off their hair loss that long?? up until 6 months ago, i was suffering from a mild case of diffuse thinnnig.. now, i am at least norwood 2 or 3... hairline receded 1/2", temples dramatically thinned..

the way i'm going, i'll be bald in a few months..

Are you on meds?

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
yup.. started propecia/laserbomb 6 weeks ago... started nizoral 2 weeks ago.. folligen 1.5 weeks ago....

been on rogaine for 3 years... back when most of my hair was very thick..

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
May 9, 2005 update: :lol:

CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 9, 2005--Curis, Inc. a therapeutic drug development company, today announced that a new report has documented the beneficial effects of Hedgehog pathway stimulation for accelerated wound closure in an animal model of diabetes-impaired wound healing. Poorly healing wounds, in part due to impaired circulation, ......................
The Hedgehog agonist program was exclusively licensed to Wyeth Pharmaceuticals in February 2004. Under the terms of the license agreement, Curis retained the right to develop Hedgehog agonists for topical treatment to stimulate hair growth. The license agreement was subsequently amended to broaden Curis' development rights to include topical applications to treat or prevent skin diseases or disorders.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050509/95566.html?.v=1