New Here. Just Need Some Advice on Possibly Hair loss

MrJackBurton

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure there are about 100 of these every day, but I was just wondering if I should start on minoxidil. I went to a dermatologist a couple months back and she didn't seem to think I had anything to worry about. She did tell me if I didn't want to lose any hair in the future I could start taking minoxidil to prevent it. I just am not sure if I have a wild hair swirl, double cowlick, or some early baldness. I am a 34 year old male. I am really just paranoid and would like some others to take a look. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• 2 hair.jpg
    2 hair.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 1hair.jpg
    1hair.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 160

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No baldness, very healthy crown. Get off this forum full of sad old men

DHTbalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like you’re balding. Although I’m sure the cowlick is wider than it was in your twenties, it’s still fairly full. Not to mention, you’re 34, so aggressive hair loss is not something to worry about.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure there are about 100 of these every day, but I was just wondering if I should start on minoxidil. I went to a dermatologist a couple months back and she didn't seem to think I had anything to worry about. She did tell me if I didn't want to lose any hair in the future I could start taking minoxidil to prevent it. I just am not sure if I have a wild hair swirl, double cowlick, or some early baldness. I am a 34 year old male. I am really just paranoid and would like some others to take a look. Thank you for your time.
You are 34 with no crown loss. I don't know your hairline but if you are a normal hairline with no crown loss by 35 you basically dodged hair loss in the genetic lottery. Even if you have hair loss it is a very slow progression and by the time it becomes noticeable you will be 50 and have bigger problems than hair loss.

jazz1

Reaction score
Hair looks grest.

MrJackBurton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the feedback. The derma Doctor said I looked fine, but if I wanted to stop any possible future hair loss to get some minoxidil and start with once a day. No harm she said in using it balding or not. :)

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are 34 with no crown loss. I don't know your hairline but if you are a normal hairline with no crown loss by 35 you basically dodged hair loss in the genetic lottery. Even if you have hair loss it is a very slow progression and by the time it becomes noticeable you will be 50 and have bigger problems than hair loss.
No such thing as dodging hair loss, you can have 0 hair loss till your 40s and lose it all within 5 years. I've seen it many times.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's more common to lose your hair when you're middle aged compared to in your 20s. That's why no one cares about people with hair loss because it's associated with older people.
What I mean is losing your hair in 5 years in your 40s is very uncommon. Normally it takes at least 10 years.