New Hair!!!

nostromo

Reaction score
Hi.
I just wanted to submit this post as I have read a few lately that have stated that new hair will not be grown on Minoxydil alone, but rather current level of baldness will be maintained.
I have been using a generic 5% brand called Headway (I think it is Australian) for two months and two weeks now, and my head is filled with new hair growth. Front, top and back. Currently, the hairs are light coloured, and fairly fine, but cover my head. They are not the vellous hairs that I noticed when I started treatment, which were only visable under certain lighting. This new hair is now visible even standing back from the mirror. I began treatment as a norwood 5, and still am, but as I say, hair is now visible all over my scalp.
I do nothing other than apply the minoxydl twice a day, as prescribed, and shampoo my hair every evening with a standard shampoo.
This is not yet a complete success story, so I didn't post it there. Rather it is meant as a note of optimism and hope to those who may be downhearted in their early progress with the stuff.
:lol:

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
minoxidil doesn't work at regrowing hair in the long run. Nobody's saying (I think) that it's useless at regrowing hairs at all, but rather that the regrowth is transient and a one-off.

dorianyates

Reaction score
Now ..hop on Propecia/finasteride..... grow your new minoxidil hairs...... add some dermmatch and you're on your way to a new you!!

Old Baldy

Reaction score
iamnaked said:
minoxidil doesn't work at regrowing hair in the long run. Nobody's saying (I think) that it's useless at regrowing hairs at all, but rather that the regrowth is transient and a one-off.

On average yes Iam, but nostro might be on the right side of the bell curve. Sounds like he might be IMHO.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I concur with oldbaldy.