New hair system problems any advice

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, just looking for some advice as I'm really having problems with my hair systems the last few months.
Received a new hair system 2 weeks ago from northwest lace I'm a regular customer the last 3 years I get a Swiss lace system and thin skin rim around the backs and sides. I got my system cut in 10 days ago but already the thinskin rim is noticeable( I will post some photos below)

My last system I got of them had the same problem 5 months ago it started to get noticeable around the rim after 6 weeks I was told it was a once off and there wasn't enough hair put on the thinskin rim.

1.Do you think its a bad hair system again or could it just be my bio hair getting very light?

2.Anything I can do to help fix this problem?

3. Any recommendations of other companies best to get a custom Swiss lace system from?

Im covering it with hair fibers at the minute when leaving the house to hide the thinskin rim.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017-172649_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20211017-172649_Snapchat.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot_20211017-172820_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211017-172820_Gallery.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 182

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see on those pics what you are describing. I see a light density system that has wet hair.

If you have concerns, go to Eric at NWL, you bought it from him, get answers from him.

Smidgeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean this line? That won't be visible with dry hair will it? Surely any unit will be visible with dark wet hair and low density?

Perhaps your hair isn't wet and you are using gel to style it? If so, cut back on the gel and style using something else.

Good luck!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 130

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean this line? That won't be visible with dry hair will it? Surely any unit will be visible with dark wet hair and low density?

Perhaps your hair isn't wet and you are using gel to style it? If so, cut back on the gel and style using something else.

Good luck!
Hi thanks for your reply.. yes this line, I wet the hair just for the photos as its hard to see it in a picture but it looks worst in real life if that makes sense, even when it's dry it is very noticeable.
This system is actually a medium light density

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
This is why I made the switch to lace. Thin skin is so detectable around the rim. I actually think it's something that a lot of wearers overlook. You can normally style around it, but when you wake up having slept on it, it's so obvious.

Redeye Ninja

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why I made the switch to lace. Thin skin is so detectable around the rim. I actually think it's something that a lot of wearers overlook. You can normally style around it, but when you wake up having slept on it, it's so obvious.
Breathability and able to wash the scalp is why I use lace.
And lace doesn't crinkle like a plastic bag unlike thin skin/poly(unless you bond the entire scalp) or shine funny under bright lights.
And that issue too, just makes thin skin/poly sound inferior.

Only downsides to lace is cleaning it if you go past 1 week, IMO.
And how hair can pull through to the wrong side of the base.
And how some lace bases dont match the scalp colour as well.

Both have positives and negatives.

Hybrid I quite like until the poly section starts to shed hair. Then looks sh*t.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you take pics with the hair dry? Regardless, I’ve never had that issue before with my French lace. I’m not too familiar with thin skin. But yeah, fibers will definitely cover it. You can probably double the life span of a unit with fibers (assuming you don’t have an exposed hairline).

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Full lace systems require more work and are usually more expensive but this is why many people prefer them.