New hair system - is shedding normal?

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is shedding normal during the first 2 weeks of wearing a new hair system?

Attachments

• D1D560A8-3ECB-48CB-9604-C5B6878386A9.jpeg
    D1D560A8-3ECB-48CB-9604-C5B6878386A9.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 50

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not in my experience, with Laivid stock units. I've heard tons of shedding horror stories with regard to Lordhair units.
Yeah mine is from Lavivid too but when I comb through it there’s at least 5/6 strands of hair that I’m seeing on the comb after brushing through. Not sure if that’s normal at such an early stage.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Define shedding. A couple hairs a day? Sure. Clogging up your sink within the first 2 weeks of wearing? No.

5/6 strands being left on the comb after a single run through it with a wide tooth comb.
Also just looking at that article, didn’t realise it was so important to keep the base of the system dry?

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My system does shed, but just a few hairs a day. My hairstylist told me to avoid combing the hair when base is wet to reduce shedding... and it actually works very well ! If heavy shedding, I think it is about time to talk with your supplier.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve just combed my hair this morning using a wide tooth comb and look at how much hair has come out. Is this normal? Only had this unit just under 2 weeks. Feel like there’s just loads of random loose hairs.

Attachments

• 8EE53ED2-6CB3-43DF-B477-F086148E4881.jpeg
    8EE53ED2-6CB3-43DF-B477-F086148E4881.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 58

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is it coming out even or in clumps? Some shedding will occur, if it continues every day in early stages the piece will soon start to look odd

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair doesn't shed at all for the first 3 months, but rapidly sheds at around the 5 month mark. This is on a UTS.
I went almost 4 months with my first system and nothing happened. Since have gone a little over 2 months between them and only my current one has noticeable shedding (it was supposed to be replaced 2 weeks ago but the order came in late....it's being replaced this Thursday). It's also a UTS

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve had it for 2-3 weeks now and on a daily basis this much hair is coming out when I comb it in the morning)
. I reckon the unit is defective and will get in touch with the supplier.

Attachments

• A38C1FDF-F213-46BC-946D-2F17D82953FE.jpeg
    A38C1FDF-F213-46BC-946D-2F17D82953FE.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Cruise21

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if that piece has a problem- but it's generally a bad idea to run a regular comb through a system in any case. Use a vent brush and be careful instead. If that keeps pulling out hair then you have an issue.