New Antifungal Shampoo

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
During my last Derm appointment he noticed that I had extreme "scaling" and dandruff. To treat it he gave me a shampoo called Stieprox that supposedly just entered the market. It's active ingredient is ciclopirox olamine which is present in 1.5%.

He also gave me this weird grease stuff that your supposed to let sit in your hair overnight. It contains something called Fluocinolone Acetonide. He said I should use a towel when sleeping with it because its that greasy. Considering all the other greasy sh*t I leave in my hair (minoxidil + Folligen soon) there's little chance that I'll ever use it.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of either of these product and if so any comments?

KeVlaR

Reaction score
Never heard of either of them.

Since Nizoral is the only one that helps with male pattern baldness and severe dandruff that we have studies on is there some reason why you didn't ask your derm for it instead of the new products?

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Keviar I have Nizoral 2% already at home and that wasn't doing the trick. I also wouldn't make a statement as bold as Nizoral is the only shampoo that treats male pattern baldness. I would say that using Nizoral is the most common way to treat inflammation of the scalp which consequently creates a better environment for hair-regrowth. Any shampoo that can prevent dandruff/inflammation can have the same effect as Nizoral.

KeVlaR

Reaction score
My statement wasn't bold since I added "that we have studies on". I know of no studies done on T-gel (anybody have a link?) though it was used in the propecia trials. But thank you for the clarification.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Show me a study that says nizoral has a anti-dht affect?? Maybe I'm just completely oblivious but I'm not aware of this at all.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Your right it is a hypothesis and I do agree that nizoral should be a part of any persons routine regardless of their situation. I just think that other shampoos could possibly be as effective as nizoral and work great in conjunction with it.

I was just wondering if anyone heard anything about those products.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Your right it is a hypothesis and I do agree that nizoral should be a part of any persons routine regardless of their situation. I just think that other shampoos could possibly be as effective as nizoral and work great in conjunction with it.

I was just wondering if anyone heard anything about those products.

G

I am of the opinion that one should rotate the more commonly used
"anti dandruff shampoos", such as TGEL, nizoral, Selsun Blue and Head and Shoulders.

This way, you are more likely to get the little varmit that ails you.

:hairy: