New AA patient

Im_amazin09

Reaction score
ok well i've been up partying all night tonight and just got back to the house to do some research and ran across this website so ill share my story. AA occurred on me about 2 months ago. I'm one month into the injections and do for another visit this comming tuesday. I got 2 bald spots on the back of my head and they are somewhat symmetrical, like it looks like i have eyes in the back of my head. The biggest spot which appeared first and started small is the size of a golf ball and the other is the size of a quarter. I use this prescription called Taclonex which is a steroid cream that i apply once a day along with the steroid injections that i receive once everyone month. My dermatologist told me i would only need to have the injections done for 3 months and by that time my hair will have fully regrown in the areas. I got to admit i thought i was totally screwed and when i started seeing bald spots i didnt know what to think. Hell i thought i had cancer or something i dunno. I'm also very self conscious about myself and keep a very attractive physique and i was damn good looking when i had my hair but now its shaved so im completely balled and until now i've been in the gym working out to full fill my dreams as a bodybuilder (i workout 5 days a week). Ever since this AA crap 2 months ago i haven't been at the gym nor have i been dieting and my physique now is going to crap... well to me anyways. One major reason why i havent been to the gym is that i probably talk to every hot chik that goes there and always strike up a conversation so i kinda got a sociable relationship with them and don't wanna ruin my image coming in with eyes in the back of my head lol. But as weird as it might seem i still go out on the weekends to nightclubs and bars to talk to women and i can live with what i got but the hardest thing is being around or explaining why i got patches in the back of my head to people that i already know and that know me for having hair and being very picky about my appearance in public. I guess what im saying is its easy for me to talk to a stranger and not be shy about my AA which i do mention freely but yet this problem is keeping me away from people i've socialized with in the past. I know it seems stupid but thats just how im programed and i just keep picturing those people in shock if they saw me even though most of them probably would be there for me and want to help. I wear a stylish hat which fits me good and i look good in hats but i don't like being in fear of taking it off around certain people i know and them saying oh sh*t what happened dude????! But anyways the hair is regrowing fast and its starting to grow from the center of the bald spots out. When i first got to the doctor about this i was waiting for them to tell me bad news but when the nurse came in before my actual Doctor, she was like oh, you got bald spots, and acted like it was a normal thing that happens or something. I felt a little relief but hadn't talked to my Doctor yet so when she came in she said well u have AA but the good news is its very treatable and neither the nurse or doctor showed any signs of doubt or anything. In fact, the steroid they inject was already on the table when i walked in. The funny thing is every patient room has that same bottle of steroid medicine and previous visits i've always asked myself, "i wounder what they use that stuff for?". The Doctor couldn't really give me a reason what might have caused it but i go in for blood work on my next visit for shots to make sure it isn't something being caused by my body like thyroid problems or whatever. I've been doing alot of overtime at work and was working out at the gym at same time and she said its probably linked to stress but really cant give a accurate answer. I still have doubt that my hair will return to normal in those spots but i'm recovering alot fast and better than i even though.

I've read a couple threads people posted on these forums stating how they cant get a first date cuz they are a bald guy and bald guys for some reason cant get girls. Well let me just say, for those of u reading this that have negative outlooks on life and constantly beat urself down because your going bald or have AA or whatever. Just stop! Stop freakin feelin sorry for youself and making yourself miserable because thats what your doing. I closed the window with that thread but these people are like "only bald people get cheating on by their wives and most women dont like men without hair". That is soooo totally untrue it made me pissed off enough to register this account and add my own two cents. Plus for those of u who find it hard getting laid or finding a date do this. Stop trying so hard.. Women are human beings just like guys and the only difference is really just their hormone estrogen. It's all about how you present yourself. Women want security, trust, and be able to carry on a conversation with a man. Instead of trying to figure out ways to give her clues or to just get her to flat out sleep with you, try on making them laugh. I'm pretty good with getting girls and usually 90% of the time if you can get a girl to laugh when you two are carrying on a conversation, youre in there buddy! Not to mention women out number guys by a long shot so if you dont think you can ever get laid or find someone, you're a fool and need to get out and see the world outside your bedroom window no matter how fat, ugly, bald, retarded you look!!!

Ok sorry for the dating tips and long written thread but i had alot on my mind to say after reading some other peoples posts. Life doesn't just stop it keeps going. You might give up to the rest of the world and stop going yourself but everything else keeps going. AA has actually made me notice and feel more for people with diseases and stuff that change their appearance or lifestyle. Everything happens for a reason and with AA, it might suck a big one but its also changed my outlook on life and I feel more for people suffering or dealing with illnesses or problems so there are benefits to being unfortunate! It's not the end of the world and no one out there is a 100% perfect. We all have our problems! everyone does! Well i hope to get to know some people on this site! gnight