netfile's Story

netfile

Reaction score
So as long as I can remember, my temples have been further back than my front.. I remember people teasing me about it back when I was 13, but I didn't pay any attention to it, since I knew nothing was going wrong..

I started getting more comments last summer, and since then I have noticed some actual thinning in my front, and temples. This discovery has made me paranoid, uninspired, emotional, and extremely lazy. I don't really have much of an interest in anything anymore and I've been finding it very difficult to get out of bed every morning. Before this, I always knew what I was going to do during the day, and I could get up early without problems..

So anyways, I've decided after a year of worrying that this can only get worse if I don't start to do something about it. I've included some pictures of my front area.. One is how I wear my hair, and the other is my hair. The pictures were taken with flash.

I am considering going on Propecia. I'm just not sure how much I should take, or how I go about doing it. If I did, do you think it would help me out? Thanks for your time.

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/gangway0/Plain.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/gangway0/Pull.JPG

I don't know if it's important or not, but I just took those pics, I haven't showered yet today, so my hair is lookin pretty greasy.. Thanks again.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
netfile said:
This discovery has made me paranoid, uninspired, emotional, and extremely lazy. I don't really have much of an interest in anything anymore and I've been finding it very difficult to get out of bed every morning.
Everyone here understands this feeling, and its that feeling that motivated me to make this site. I hope we can help.

netfile said:
I am considering going on Propecia. I'm just not sure how much I should take, or how I go about doing it. If I did, do you think it would help me out? Thanks for your time.
Absolutely. I hadn't even read your post yet. Just looked at the photos, and the first thing I thought when I saw Pull.JPG is that you're a perfect candidate for propecia. Why? Because you pretty much have your hairline still but its dissipating. Diffuse thinning in certain areas, etc. This is what Propecia reverses quite well, assuming you can ride out the "shedding shits" and have the patience to deal with the "gets worse, gets better" phenomenon you'll see for the next year.

How much? 1mg daily. If you have $55 a month, get US brand home grown Propecia from the pharmacy via a doctor prescrip. If you're low on cash and willing to risk it, get proscar from a reliable proscar supplier internationally online, and split the tablet into 4ths or 5ths. Make sure you get some Nizoral shampoo, use it once every 3 days, and let it soak for the duration of the shower. Give that regimen at least 8 to 10 months, and if you haven't seen a total stoppage of loss in that time, and possible reversal, give it another couple months then add Rogaine 5%.

I used to have my hair styled like you do. Nobody could get me to cut it. I liked it. If you've been toying with the idea though - know that your hair will look a lot thicker if its short, and styled right, and you use the right products. Longish hair always looks way thinner.

Good luck, and welcome to HairlossTalk

HairLossTalk.com

netfile

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

I am going to make an appointment with my doctor in the next few days to get a perscription.

I figure, during the 'gets worse gets better' phase, I will wear my hair short.. I usually let it grow long, and then I cut it short so that I don't need to part it in the middle. Hopefully while my hair is short, it won't look too bad during the first year.

Thanks again.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
If you can pull it off, try the messy brushed forward slightly spikey look. with the right products that style can really make your thinning look undetectable.

netfile

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com- Should I be okay taking only Propecia?? I just read your thread, and you said that you needed nizoral?? Does propecia not add to your count?

I'm sorry if these questions are stupid, alot of the things I read on this site confuse me...

Is Nizoral available at drug stores?? how much is it?

netfile

Reaction score
I was also thinking, what if I started taking Propecia, and then perhaps in a year, get a hair transplant to cover up the temples?

I figure if my surgery is only going to go over a small area, it won't be as expensive as some transplants could be.. what do you think of that idea?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Suggested Nizoral for you in my post above too. Check it out.

Propecia should be enough for you, but if it's not, you'll know in about 11 months and you can just add Rogaine. I wouldn't mess with transplants at all if I were you. Not until you've totally exhausted the available treatments and given them a good 2 years to work. You probably won't grow hair where its slick skin right now, but you should thicken up and maintain hair where hair exists right now, for many many years to come.

Transplants are always a last resort, involve a lot of punctures, possible infection, and no good transplant doctor would even be willing to work on you until you've given the treatments a go first.

HairLossTalk.com

G

Netfile: absolutely! go with propecia and add maybe a topical DHT inihbitor if you can afford to that is.

If money is no object then go for minoxidil to try and fill in thet temple area.

Beside you have youth as a positive factor aswell and the fact that science is working on not only a cure but also something to reverse baldness (stemcells).

Good luck man!