Nelson Patti's Story - ( 34 / a sigh of relief!!)

Nelson Patti

Reaction score
Well hi everyone, it feels like I've finally come out! I'm a 34 year old male and have been battling hairloss since I was about 15-16. It got progressively worse in high school and in college. While in college I actually visited Hair Club and became a member, and not knowing any better I opted for the biomatrix solution...for about 12 years!! Looking back I should have looked at other choices, but no use crying over spilt milk. I was always contemplating hair transplant and thought "one day I'll do that and it should provide the solution". Of course it's not that easy, since you have to be a good candidate (which usually means having healthy thick hair on the back and side area of your head). Obviously it's no fun having to wear the biomatrix everyday of your life and keep up with it. So I finally got the hair transplant done earlier this year in April. I was told that I would potentially be able to graft about 2800 hair follicles from the back of my head to the thinning and bald areas which were pretty much most of my front and top (I'm a Norwood 6), but the day of the surgery only 2000 were able to be grafted. This particular doctor likes to graft as many follicles the first time around as possible, rather than do a series of transplants. After the surgery, I was put on a treatment program of Propecia, Minoxidil, cleansing shampoo and enzyme cleaning spray together with vitamins. I also take biotin (1000mg) and about a month ago purchased the laser comb. The results have been pretty good, and the doctor was actually surprised when I saw him after 3 months of the surgery in July, as to the amount of growth I already had showing (since hair goes into shock after transplant surgery and you don't really see any hairgrowth for about 2 months). Plus, since I was wearing a biomatrix for quite some time (12 years!) the sides my head just above the thick part had a baldish appearance. So I can't complain that much. But I'm getting a little anxious since the hair growth seems to have slowed down lately. Ofcourse I have to be realistic as well, since it will never look like my biomatrix. Anyway, I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything I can to optimize my 'new' hair growth. I've already learned quite a lot from this site and others. But who knew about Nizoral?!? And would I, in my situation, benefit from it? And should I get S5 lotion? I would like to prevent having to get a second surgery if I can get enough regrowth from my current regimen and then some. I mean I've read about apple procyanidins (unripe green apple skin extract) that have worked in labs and more effective than minoxidil. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks in advance for for being patient and supportive. I welcome any and all feedback, and would be glad to help anyone with the experience I've gone through.