Need Your Kind Opinions As I've Finally Started Finasteride And Rogaine

Max050

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, You can call me Max, I am almost 29 years old male from Islamabad, Pakistan who recently admitted that I might have male pattern baldness and started taking Finasteride and Rogaine a month ago.
Well, it was April 2016 when I got a short hair cut and my sister told me that I might have some bald spots/ thinning spots in crown area of my head and I was shocked and frigtened to hear all that!!
Trust me it was an horrific moment for me but yeah when I took some crown area pictures, I noticed a couple of thining spots there but let me add a fact that I have had two childhood hair twirls or whorls or whatever you call them in my head since childhood and I thought its those two hair twirls that people used to tell me about when I was young!!
But since I am a little paranoid and pro active kind of person; The next morning I decided to go to the one of the best hair clinics in town where they offer hair transplant and hair reatoration services and the hair surgeon who is also actually a memeber of US hair and plastic surgeons and had been practicing in US, He examined my hair and told me the bad news that I have male pattern baldness but since I was almost 28 years old at that time he told me that it seems you probably have MBP in scalp area only and you wont be a typical bald person and would lose hair mostly in crown area with aging process and he prescribed Finasteride 1 mg and some hair spray to slow down the balding and regrowth of hair in thinning area!!
I bought the prescribed drugs from the drug store and took one dose that night and due to curious nature, I googled the name of the drug and oh boy, I was scared as heck after reading all those horrific stories related to side effects of finasteride and the next day I went straight to the Doctor and told him about my concerns regarding to side effects and stuff; Doctor told me not to take the drug anymore and also told me since you already read the side effetcs of finasteride. so I would recomend you not to take it because all those sexual side effects you read are mostly related to physiological issues instead of actual side effects of the drug which are very rare in practice!
Anyways, Doctor told me to start PRP treatment for hair restoration which is an organic treatment obviously and I agreed upon what he said and took 5 sessions of PRPs since April 2016 to June 2017 and honestly speaking mentally I was satisfied that atleast I am doing something to keep my hair intact and healthier but I didn't notice any significant regrowth in thinning area but I must say thinning seemed stopped or may not but I think it stopped and whenever I wear a little longer hair; thinning area is not that much noticeable.
Well, Last month some other people also noticed the thinning area and told me that I might going bald and trust me I hate listening that from someone but oh well this is how it is!! So, yeah I did some internet research again and finally went back to my Doctor with a decision of starting finasteride as last line of defense and Doctor prescibed me 1mg finasteride. and Rogaine for ten months; Now its been a month and I am on this drug and I didn't notice any kind of side effects so far.
Please check the attached pics of my hair from Front, back, top and sides, I would like to mention these are combed hair in normal light, thinning area sometime looks more visible in uncombed hair and sharp lights around.
So, Thanks for reading my story and I would very much apprciate what you guys think of my current hair condition and any related suggestions
With a concluding note, I am a very optimistic person and believe in pro activeness rather goig for a treatment after loosing most of the hair that I have now!!
Cheers and Good luck all of you ✌️

Attachments

• IMG_4863.JPG
    IMG_4863.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_4864.JPG
    IMG_4864.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_4865.JPG
    IMG_4865.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_4866.JPG