Need some help..

RochaGO

Reaction score
Hi, im 21 and im using 1,25mg of finasteride for about 2,5 years and minoxidil for 1 year. I normally lost about 30 hairs per shower, what wasn´t that good (when i comb), but suddenly since about 3 weeks i started to lose about 60! I can notice my hair is thinner and im getting really afraid.. I started Zix about one month before the begining of the increase of the hair loss. Could it be due to zix?? Should i stop it or give it more time? A Telogen Effluvium???Is the amount of hair supposed to be this much in a Telogen Effluvium? Should i try another thing??? tks!

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride may increase the ratio of anagen to telogen hairs when first used. As time goes by this synchronization may break causing a shed. This would not indicate that finasteride isnt working just that your hair is coming back into its natural anagen/telogen balance.

*If* this was to be the case it could very well make your hair look worse for 3 or so months before the telogen hairs start growing again.

I'm not saying this is what is happening just that it is one possibility. Sheds happen and sometimes your hair may seem thinner then at other times. I dont see how zix could be causing you any problems but if it makes you feel better drop it.

All you need is finasteride and nizoral... The rest is a bonus.

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride may increase the ratio of anagen to telogen hairs when first used. As time goes by this synchronization may break causing a shed. This would not indicate that finasteride isnt working just that your hair is coming back into its natural anagen/telogen balance.

*If* this was to be the case it could very well make your hair look worse for 3 or so months before the telogen hairs start growing again.

I'm not saying this is what is happening just that it is one possibility. Sheds happen and sometimes your hair may seem thinner then at other times. I dont see how zix could be causing you any problems but if it makes you feel better drop it.

All you need is finasteride and nizoral... The rest is a bonus.