Need some help please.

randomname

Reaction score
Hello.

I am planning to start writing my story on the forums next week, however I have some questions involving the use of “hair systems†and I hope that some of you may be able to help me.

I started to lose my hair at a very young age; maybe 14 or 15- and now I am 19. My hairline is very high and temples have receded a lot. I know that lots on these forums are much worse off than I am, will insist on me not needing this, tell me to be patient and wait, and maybe you're right. But if you would answer just to humour me and to give me peace of mind. (I am on treatment right now(finasteride,minix,nizoral) and will be giving them time to kick in, but I am 19, a student at university, and being "patient" isn't so easy- I want to look like a teenager whilst I still am one.

My current hair:
http://yfrog.com/3ohairexampledryj
http://yfrog.com/09hairexamplewetj

I would want the hairline bringing down a lot and straightened out, temples brought forward and the thinning frontal area to be filled in. Is this possible? A system that is just at the front/hairline area? Can it be “integrated†into my own current hair to fill in the thinning area? (I don’t know if that makes sense?)

A lot of the systems that I’ve seen, both on this website and others, show very short hairstyles. This really isn’t what I want. My hair has always been mid length and very choppy with layers. Um, I will post some pictures of how my hair used to look (ish) (not of me). I saw the pictures posted in “tdawg7669’s†thread, and sure they look good and real- but I don’t want a short styled hair.

Not exactly how my hair used to be styled, but close enough, and I’m sure you get the idea of how I want it to look:

http://yfrog.com/6chairexample3j

Can this look be achieved with a hairpiece? Can the hair be made long so that I can still have a long/“studenty†hairstyle?

Can I still use hair products on the system?Can I straighten the fake hair or would it like, sizzle and burn or something?=\

Will it REALLY look realistic? I mean, totally 100% undetectable to the eye? Eg, I saw the thread made by “scorpiolove74“, and I mean absolutely no offence to him at all, but that kind of piece really isn’t what I would consider good looking.

I would not feel happy, at this moment in time, in using a mailing company that I see many of you discussing. I would like to use a company- a physical company- that I could visit and discuss my options with, have them fit and style it for me. This is very important to me. What place are the best for this? How much would it likely cost to do it this way? How often would I need the system replaced? Would this type of company actually cut the hair to style it with my current hair, or would I need to use a hair stylist for this? If so, where would I go to get it cut? A normal high street salon; can I jst trot a long to Toni and guy etc and have them cut it? Or is there some kind of “wig hairdressersâ€
:\ ?

How are they attached to the head? Sounds stupid I guess, but surely using some kind of glue would rip the skin if it was pulled on?:s

If I were to use a company such as the ones you lovely people will hopefully suggest, how long do you think it would take to get the system made and fitted? I would like to keep on my treatment regime until August to see if it kicks in, and university starts again towards the middle of September. Would it be realistic to ask for the whole process to be done within weeks-a month?

Thank you for any input that you may have- I really appreciate any help, and sorry for asking so much, it’s just a really big issue for me and I’m pretty clueless. And finally, as said above, I am going to wait some more time in hopes that the Regaine/Propecia kicks in- and will hopefully be posting my progress later this week- but if it hasen’t by the end of summer, I really want a “fix†in time for my next year at university, as my hair has destroyed this year and I can’t deal with another year like this one has been.

Edit: I live in England by the way. Currently in the north (yorkshire area), but would travel whereever needed within the UK to visit a center.