Need Some Advice About My Hair (aged 20)

josefhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I really need some advice.
For context; I'm 20 years old and hair loss on my mums side of family isn't prominent, however, my uncle on dads side has hair loss. My temples have been receded ever since I can remember, even when I look back at older photos this is the same.
However, the past few months I have noticed more shedding which I would think would be normal which has pushed me to ask for advice here. My dad still has hair (nearly 60) but since his mid to late 20's he's always had it in a buzz/crew cut. So he's had the receded temples but thats about it.
I have bought a scalp massager and am using that daily. Also I purchased biotin and saw palmetto tablets just to see whether they may help at all.

So, I don't really know where to go from here.
The idea of taking finasteride is plausible because I can stick to a regiment so wouldn't worry about forgetting a day.
HOWEVER, I have read such varied and opposing things on it. Some people swearing that it works yet some saying how it caused such adverse reactions. The side effects is what I'm most worried about.
As I said I've always had the receded temples since years and years ago so they are nothing new, it hasn't been a rapid receding in the past few months, so I have always had them. Its mainly the shedding I've noticed the most. It is just frustrating because it becomes such a burden and psychological stress on my life which someone my age shouldn't really be experiencing.

So it would be great to hear from any of you to provide some guidance.
IMG_2915 2.JPG
IMG_7018.JPG
IMG_8941 2.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG
IMG_8943.JPG
IMG_5087.JPG
IMG_8942.JPG
m worried about really, and I don't who to 100% put my faith in.
IMG_2915 2.JPG
IMG_7018.JPG

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man. Just want to give u some background, I am 21 years old with quite literally the same exact hair loss pattern as you. You’re hair looks a lot like mine too (maybe a bit more dense), but you have better family history.

Just being honest with you, hairline is definitely receded and I would put you at a high NW2, about to be nw3. The thing with your situation is you want to keep that density, if you’re hairline was better I would tell you to wait ok finasteride but if it recedes more you’re gna really start to hate your hair. If I were you I would go with finasteride for sure right now. I started when I was 20 and my hair hasn’t progressed much if at all since I stated 13 months ago. I haven’t gotten any sides and they're truely occur in a minority of the users that do and even in that minority only a minority of affected users have problems after stopping usage. I don’t like persuading anyone to take a hormonal drug, but if you took it I think you could maintain a lot if not all of what you have right now and then be applicable to hair transplants if needed down the road. What I am saying is a lot of people make the mistake of taking finasteride too late and you’re certainly not too early for it - think nows the perfect time. Good luck to you.