Need Major Help With Clinics In England

H8bald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, please help I need lots of advice on which clinic to choose for my first ever hair transplant and if anyone has had any experiences with these clinics or can offer an opinion on them or any others would be a great help! I am 32 and have lost all confidence from hairloss which started in my early 20s. I'm fed up of crying myself to sleep and It's a daily battle to pick myself up and even bother to get up each morning feeling like s***t all day. Anyway I've been to a few clinics and each have a different view/plan on what to offer me. First i went to Farjo clinic who said I have a 62 year old hairline and they could offer me one fut for the crown for 8 grand but to concentrate on keeping my hair I have with medication as I will lose all of it in time. I don't want any medication for risk of the side effects as I don't have a good physical tolerance for any medication and just know I would get the side effects. Second was a company called fue hair transplant clinics .co.uk (as seen on channel 4 apparently) and I had a great consultation with them however they said I could have 2 futs for 8 grand and have to hair places on the crown and frontal area. They said by opening the scar I could get up to 4 futs? Lastly was Vinci who offered my 1 fut for the crown and 1 fue for the front for 10 grand. My worries are that why are there such different opinions from each company? Who should I believe and who's plan sounds best and most realistic and achieveable? I can't find many reviews of Vinci or this fue clinic but they both seem legit! Farjo is obviously well known but they worried me with their insistence on medication and advice that all my hair will fall out leaving patches of transplanted hair! Please does anyone have any opinions on these clinics or has anyone been to them? Also what is the risk of having a hair transplant and not taking the medication? I'm also looking at the crown clinic and regen but again have no idea if they are reputable companies? Are there any others in England I should consider? Totally confused and frustrated here!!

Attachments

• IMG_7195.PNG
    IMG_7195.PNG
    419.3 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_7196.PNG
    IMG_7196.PNG
    410.5 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_7197.PNG
    IMG_7197.PNG
    441.6 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_7198.PNG
    IMG_7198.PNG
    419 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_7199.PNG
    IMG_7199.PNG
    414.7 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_7200.PNG
    IMG_7200.PNG
    405.4 KB · Views: 471

H8bald

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also don't understand if my hair is going to fall out further down the back of the crown how are the clinic going to know what is the healthy strip area and what is the area that will fall out in time and surely if the loss is going to go further down over time then will that not mean once extracted they will fall out the top of my head in time once transplanted anyway?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Farjo is garbage as is every single other UK clinic. A lot of half decent doctors there, but when they're putting out results half as good at twice to ten times the price of Turks and Belgians it's just f*****g unacceptable. At least Farjo told you the truth that you should be on the meds.

With your loss I would 100% suggest get on the medication finasteride. You wouldn't get side effects only 2% of users do. Doctors don't want patients like you with already massive loss who will look worse after the procedure than before because they weren't on finasteride and lost even more hair. They can easily measure with tools the safe zone that will never fall out.

Get on finasteride, then look for some skilled doctors with large scale cases like Hasson + Wong for FUT in Canada or Erdogan for FUE in Istanbul.

H8bald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Flying abroad is not an option for me as I had a near crash and has put me off for life. Are there no doctors in England at all at the same standard as those you mentioned? I could go to Belgium but don't know who is recommended over there? Do you think a skilled surgeon would give me a permenant result with no loss in the future at all? What about A beard and chest transplant into the scalp?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Flying abroad is not an option for me as I had a near crash and has put me off for life. Are there no doctors in England at all at the same standard as those you mentioned? I could go to Belgium but don't know who is recommended over there? Do you think a skilled surgeon would give me a permenant result with no loss in the future at all? What about A beard and chest transplant into the scalp?

Not a single doctor is worth your money in the UK. They are a bunch of used car salesman and even the top end of UK doctors like Farjo are overpriced and way behind the times. Beard and chest have a much lower survival rate and are a last resort. Depending on the patient they may or may not look natural.

Spoiled for choice in Belgium with doctors, Dr. Lupanzula is probably the best in my opinion but ******** and Feriduni's are also fantastic. Contact all three with pictures of your loss and see what they suggest.

Definitely though get on finasteride. I'm sure you'll be fine on it.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't use finasteride you're guaranteeing that you'll have to go back in the future for another surgery. You're going to lose every last hair currently at the front of your head, at the back you've already almost lost all of it. The hair they implant will be permanent however as they will take it from the permanent zone.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** it, get a hair piece. I think you're too far gone to get an aesthetic looking result from a transplant.

These guys are in England.

H8bald

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** it, get a hair piece. I think you're too far gone to get an aesthetic looking result from a transplant.

These guys are in England.

Already used these and got an infected scalp and folliculitis so had to tear it off after a few days. I did say I had bad physical tolerance for things :(

H8bald

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't use finasteride you're guaranteeing that you'll have to go back in the future for another surgery. You're going to lose every last hair currently at the front of your head, at the back you've already almost lost all of it. The hair they implant will be permanent however as they will take it from the permanent zone.

Well they all already said that I'd have to have two surgeries and the fue clinic were giving me a money off deal on two fut surgeries of 2 grand off. So they all said I could get two surgeries done of 2 fut or 1 fue and 1 fut. I've used naogem fibres for 7 years and they worked great until recently so I'm just after some coverage over the bald areas that I can continue to put the fibres on to make it look like a hairline. And obviously want hair put at the front and top too. So I should email those doctors and see? Have they good results and reviews online? I don't understand how balder people then me have had good results and celebs not wanting to go on meds with less hair still get results?!

H8bald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Already used these and got an infected scalp and folliculitis so had to tear it off after a few days. I did say I had bad physical tolerance for things :(

What do you think the result aesthetically would look like?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well they all already said that I'd have to have two surgeries and the fue clinic were giving me a money off deal on two fut surgeries of 2 grand off. So they all said I could get two surgeries done of 2 fut or 1 fue and 1 fut. I've used naogem fibres for 7 years and they worked great until recently so I'm just after some coverage over the bald areas that I can continue to put the fibres on to make it look like a hairline. And obviously want hair put at the front and top too. So I should email those doctors and see? Have they good results and reviews online? I don't understand how balder people then me have had good results and celebs not wanting to go on meds with less hair still get results?!

Don't go to a UK clinic I promise you they will screw you and get a shitty result. 100% if you do this you MUST go to Belgium with a real doctor, not a used car salesman. The fact they say "money off deal" screams that they are unethical and have to get people through the door with bullshit lies. You should be able to get good results from a single procedure too. If they think they can't achieve this with one surgery it's because they're f*****g garbag

Email ********

https://en.bhrclinic.com/

And Lupanzula

http://medikemosclinic.com/en/doctor-lupanzula-medikemos/

Preferably go FUT

H8bald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't go to a UK clinic I promise you they will screw you and get a shitty result. 100% if you do this you MUST go to Belgium with a real doctor, not a used car salesman. The fact they say "money off deal" screams that they are unethical and have to get people through the door with bullshit lies. You should be able to get good results from a single procedure too. If they think they can't achieve this with one surgery it's because they're f*****g garbag

Email ********

https://en.bhrclinic.com/

And Lupanzula

http://medikemosclinic.com/en/doctor-lupanzula-medikemos/

Preferably go FUT

Thanks I'll research the reviews of these doctors now and email them. Do you genuinely think they will get the best results? I'm happy to always use fibres I just need hair there for them to cling on to so my expectations aren't for a shock of hair to grow through!

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks I'll research the reviews of these doctors now and email them. Do you genuinely think they will get the best results? I'm happy to always use fibres I just need hair there for them to cling on to so my expectations aren't for a shock of hair to grow through!

Fibres are definitely underrated for transplant patients. I would never want to tie myself to them but I'm sure with 5000 FUT grafts and fibres every day you'd get a great result. Add the finasteride too though.

H8bald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I've had them 7 years so it was a daily routine for me so no problem if I have to use them another 30 years as long as I've got something decent on top for them to work I'll do it! I'm desperate! I will email the surgeons now!

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
I would strongly advise against a hair transplant in your situation (sorry, probably not something you want to hear). This is because like you mentioned, you are heading for a NW6-7. All you grafts would need to be taken from the lower part of your head. Only so much could be taken for the top, and a lot would be need to be left for the NW6-7 areas, as they would need coverage as well. Basically, in 5-10 years, your head would look a mess and you'd probably be throwing money at it to fix it.

H8bald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Beard and chest hair transplant to go with an fut and fue not an option no???

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been watching this game for about 32 years now while also getting sucked in at a very early age. I am going to cut and paste an answer to another post below as it is relevant. What I would say to you after spending those 32 years along with about 18+ years online/forums is that this is not something to play around with as being bald or balding is infinitely better than being disfigured or feeling like you have been disfigured. I eventually ended up in Belgium coming from Chicago. What it allowed me to do is achieve a big improvement but unfortunately I learned too late about how marketing and information work and this does not apply solely to the hair transplant industry. Much of the information in the hair transplant industry is controlled by marketers and that's a red flag. Doctors that work heavily with marketers usually cannot stand on their results alone. Careful what you believe as these marketers work the online world 24/7 very often appearing as innocent posters and/generally helpful people.

What I would say about Belgium is this. The market there has too many that are highly skilled in a very small geographic area. It becomes almost impossible for someone to operate there who does not offer the same. It just does not seem possible. With that being said I would give it all some more thought.

When it comes to hair transplantation and the risk one feels very often it depends on how it is described to you. It's either we are going to move a few hairs around for you boom, boom, boom and before you know it you are healed up and sporting a new coiffure.............or..............were going to cut out 5000 pieces of skin from the back of your head and insert them into holes at the front. Once the blood coagulates they will glue themselves into place boom, boom boom you're ready to roll. Same thing different description.

In reality hair transplantation is skin grafting. You are cutting out one long wide piece of skin from the back of your head or you are cutting out thousands of small pieces of skin from the back of your head. You are then cutting openings on the front and/or top of your head to insert those pieces of skin.

Yes there is hair attached to the skin and depending on where the hair is taken from for example if the caliber is too thick and the way it is arranged meaning the direction and angle of each one of those thousands of hairs will determine what it’s all going to look like and these are not the only considerations.

You must then consider that most experiencing hairloss could easily lose 20,000 follicular units long term yet the donor area can supply 5000 for most as a general number and even some of those 5000 grafts could be susceptible to dht which will result in losing them long term. This would bring your coverage initially to 25% long term and possibly 20% or less.

Considering just these issues alone do you honestly believe you can go somewhere cheap and/or local and reduce your risk of being disfigured? The risk of disfigurement is very, very high. Cheap and local is absolutely not an option. Doing nothing is an option but cheap and local...........no, no, no.

The skill of the surgeon, his tools and your physiology among other considerations will determine if your scarring is visible.

Last edited:

bullitnut

Reaction score
Farjo are not garbage they are a good ethical clinic......the Maitland Clinic is also an excellent clinic here in the UK. The myth that all UK clinics are rubbish was started by clinic reps trying to persuade English patients to go overseas because years ago most of the work coming out of the UK was very poor and they saw this a's a cash cow and an opportunity to make money. The fact is England does have some good clinics.....however be careful as it does still have a lot of poor ones (just like every other country in the world) FUECLINICS is one of those poor ones so beware. I wouldnt have a problem considering Farjo or the Maitland clinic to work on my head and I've seen many examples over the years on the net and in person. Do your own research pal and go see/consult with them yourself that way you know first hand what they are like and capable of as they will have patients you can see.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Farjo are not garbage they are a good ethical clinic......the Maitland Clinic is also an excellent clinic here in the UK. The myth that all UK clinics are rubbish was started by clinic reps trying to persuade English patients to go overseas because years ago most of the work coming out of the UK was very poor and they saw this a's a cash cow and an opportunity to make money. The fact is England does have some good clinics.....however be careful as it does still have a lot of poor ones (just like every other country in the world) FUECLINICS is one of those poor ones so beware. I wouldnt have a problem considering Farjo or the Maitland clinic to work on my head and I've seen many examples over the years on the net and in person. Do your own research pal and go see/consult with them yourself that way you know first hand what they are like and capable of as they will have patients you can see.

I encourage people do look at the results for themselves. Compare Farjo's results to across both FUE and FUT to Rahal, Hasson, Erdogan, Lupanzula and Feriduni. The fact is his results look like *** in comparison, he's doing smaller sessions in a longer period and he's also less consistent. Then you look at the price, and there is nothing to do but laugh at Farjo. He's a mediocre doctor doing less consistent and less impressive work than at least another 100 doctors in both FUT and FUE and charging some of the highest prices available.

No one who bothers to look at RESULTS and patient before and afters would go to Farjo. There is nothing about his work or price that makes him worth recommending.