NEED HELP!

Canuck

Reaction score
i am a 25 yearold male last august i noticed 2 bald patches ... 1 in the pubic region (whocares) and one on my chin (look like a freak)

My dr referred me to a dermatologist and he gave me this hydroval cortisone creme.. i used it for a month or two and nothing was happening. So i stopped now i think the spot is getting bigger... to this size of a canadian dollar... It is driving me insane!!!!

is there anybtreatment that works?

should i try the injections but get them in my chin? wghat should i do?

help!

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'm confused. shave your beard, end of story?

Canuck

Reaction score
I have a very thick beard and its very notice-able no matter how close of a shave i get

i know its not as bad as some people have it but it really bothers me im going nuts

ManInTheBox

Reaction score
Im a 16 year old male and was told i had alopecia when i was 14. It started out with a small patch on the back of my head and, like you i used the cortisone creme for a couple months and it started growing back in. But out of nowhere it just started falling out like crazy. I would wake up and my pillow was full of hair. So i tried the needles in the head and that didnt work, and then i tried the shots in my hip for about 6 months and that never worked either. So i was all worried like you. I was 15 and getting ready for my first day at highschool. I locked myself in my basement and played guitar all summer cause i was so depressed. And all my friends never saw me and they were liike "what the hell happened" when they saw me. So my best advice to you would be to not worry cause thats what i think did it to me. Dont stop doing things just because theres a small patch missing. Cause who cares what people think. Just stay confident and nothing will change. If you think you look like a freak and act like your different, then people will think your a freak. If you think and act like you normally would nobody will care. I love it when people on the bus or train are loooking at me. Now i just stare them down. My advice is to not worry about it.

vermas2

Reaction score
Hey,

I have experienced this as well: in the pubic area and beard for about 4 months now. The pubic region has got better and the beard is about half a dime.

Can you please provide me with an update.
Thanks

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
ManInTheBox, that is some really great advice.

I'm 23 now, but when I was 18, I had alopecia araeta on the back of my head and it made me super depressed. I just grew my hair out a bit longer to cover it up. I then took saw palmetto, and within a month or two, it was completely gone! Though I discontinued saw palmetto as I thought it was having a decrease in my sex drive, which was raging at the time being 18. Its didn't take away my sex drive by any means, rather just lowered it a touch.

Anyway, I still have alopecia araeta in my beard, but it doesn't bother me at all, since my beard isn't thick, so its not noticable when I shave. However I grow out a good stubble all the time and sure you can see the two or three spots with no hair, but its no big deal at all.. no one ever really notices it. So my advice is don't sweat it.. eventually it'll go away, and I truly believe stress plays a part in getting it in the first place.. so just forget about it and show people it doesn't bother, and they won't treat you any differently.