Need help with a new regimen

HairyN

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive decided to give my scalp a break and have been off of all treatments for about 1 month and a half now...i still use Rx strength nizoral and spironolactone from time to time

I decided to take this break because I didnt like the overall effect that minoxidil had...The EXTREMELY dark circles under my eyes...the huge pores...the dead looking dry skin...and from time to time i had my heart racing for 1 or 2 seconds...besides those side effects I really don't like the idea of having a synthetic floating around in my system...something that i might have to apply to my noggin for the rest of my life

So now Ive decided to go with

Folligen
Prox-N OTC
Revivogen

Please chime in with any suggestions...im trying to keep this as side effect free as possible...Ive learned to live with my male pattern baldness...just trying to save my hairline because it would be a nice little extra to have if i could save it

Thanks for the help

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Sounds like you are suffering from overabsorbtion of the minoxidil. If you experienced these symptoms then it is certainly understandable to get off of it.. but it does sound like too much was being absorbed into your system. Thats a pretty solid regimen if you go without minoxidil.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
When did you apply your minoxdil?
I know that sometimes when I first started applying it, I would do it right after I took a shower and afterwards i'd get terrible headaches. I'm not sure of the reasoning for this but I think people have mentioned before that your supposed to wait till your hair is reasonably dry.
I wait 30 minutes now and i'm fine.

Your new regimen sounds good.