need help guys!! is this normal?

Hitman000

Reaction score
Hey guys, well a short while ago i would consider myself successful in the war agianst male pattern baldness but I'm having a new problem that I need help with.

Basically I've been on proscar for about 1 year and 4 months and also minoxidil 7% (i got form ashley and martin in aust) twice a day sometimes once a day for about the same time but ive missed weeks and chnaged my applications a number of times because i thought i was having great success with proscar and wanted to try ease the minoxidil..........

anyways lately like the last two months or so ive been losing a lot more hairs something that stopped after 6 months on proscar, originally I thought it was a shed but how long does that last? and does it happen after a year on the regime?...... i dont know if it can be the lack of minoxidil coz like i said ive never really been strict with it...... so i dont know whats happening? what should i do?

Im going overseas in a week so im going to stop miniox completly....what do you guys think? anyways any help would be much appreciated....thanks guys.

shh5455

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't relax your minoxidil regimen if it was working. I did that once and the shedding started again.

Hitman000

Reaction score
yeah i know maybe thats why im sheeding. But man Im going overseas for 2 months and the last thing i wanna think about while im there is my daily minoxidil application....... hopefully nothing major can happen in 2 months and when i come back if i need to i can get back on the stuff....what do u guys think?.......thanks for the reply.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to think about your minoxidil applications, you'll be thinking about your hairloss once you start shedding like a dog in summer.

It's not a big deal to put minoxidil on twice a day. If it's greasy, after you apply, just put a fan up to your head, it dries it pretty quickly.

Sometimes on the way to work in the morning, I'll put both windows down and it dries the greasy minoxidil fast.

beaner

Reaction score
Hitman000 said:
....... hopefully nothing major can happen in 2 months .

Most reports i've heard indicate shedding from stopping minoxidil seems to start within a month of quitting. You can certainly lose a considerable amount in 2 months. I've been using the stuff myself for over 4 years now and I would be dreadfully afraid if for some reason I was forced to quit.