Need help deciding what to do

deathbox

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline is pretty much almost gone. Starting min + finasteride today. Will I be able to regrow enough to look good? Or will I need a hair transplant?

Kieran843

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not much can say without pictures.

Finasteride will stop it getting worse and a hair transplant will fill in the lost ground.

My hairline is completely gone as you can see in the post I put up. the way I see it, Finasteride will stop it getting worse and a hair transplant is the only permanent "fix" as regrowth from minoxidil will only stick around while you continue to use it and even then chances are the minoxidil hairs will eventually go after a couple of years.

Another thing to note, if you start minoxidil and finasteride then go on to get a bunch of regrowth, if you stop using minoxidil a bunch of that hair will fall out despite you using finasteride. Minoxidil creates fake hair pretty much, yes its real but it needs minoxidil to stay. Your hair will get addicted to it.

If a hair transplant is not an option. finasteride + min + dermaroller

if you plan on a transplant in the future just use finasteride. You can also add topical anti androgens in the future if finasteride alone is not enough.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline is pretty much almost gone. Starting min + finasteride today. Will I be able to regrow enough to look good? Or will I need a hair transplant?
Even with picture will be, sometimes, hard to say . Each person is an entire world . Add ketoconazole shampoo and tretinoin.