Need feedback on my hair transplant (pics)

HairBeThere

Reaction score
hey Rainman..

I have a few concerns for ya.. You said be honest. So I will give you that.

I'm a veteran of 3 hair transplant's. So I think I can give you some good input.

Your photos show sparse placement, but they are two weeks after procedure. This could be contributed to shockloss. A pre-op photo would help give a better judgement of what's going on.

By looking deeper at the photo's I think your hairline is overly irregular, you idealy want irregular within natural apperance. I also feel the doctor gave you a too youthful hairline which would require much density.
It just looks to low.

I appoligize if my opinon isn't what you wanted to hear, but others could learn from varying opinions.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU RAINMAN!!

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairBeThere said:
hey Rainman..

I have a few concerns for ya.. You said be honest. So I will give you that.

I'm a veteran of 3 hair transplant's. So I think I can give you some good input.

Your photos show sparse placement, but they are two weeks after procedure. This could be contributed to shockloss. A pre-op photo would help give a better judgement of what's going on.

By looking deeper at the photo's I think your hairline is overly irregular, you idealy want irregular within natural apperance. I also feel the doctor gave you a too youthful hairline which would require much density.
It just looks to low.

I appoligize if my opinon isn't what you wanted to hear, but others could learn from varying opinions.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU RAINMAN!!

btw, i think youre cute :wink:

I echo HBT's sentiments 100%. (except I don't think you're cute)

Give it a few months though. Sit back and enjoy some growth. In July or so come post some pics and we'll take another look. Nothing to do now but wait. Remember, you'll get antsy at months 2, 3, and even 4. It's normal. Just sit tight and keep with it.

If you want, apply minoxidil 5% to the recipient area. I feel that this helped me a great deal in the first 5 months. I also took 3,000 mg of MSM just to help speed the growth (I still have no idea why people that havent had a hair transplant take it).

You made the decision. If your results come out better than first glance you'll be doing some hair loss sufferers (and your Doctor) a favor by letting everyone know that there is one more Doctor out there that does good work. If for some reason they don't turn out to your liking, then you still did others a great service by posting your results. We'll help you get through it, man. No worries. Happy growing, bud.

HairBeThere

Reaction score
social_drinker said:
btw, i think youre cute :wink:

I echo HBT's sentiments 100%. (except I don't think you're cute).

ummm, ya.... not what I said. Maybe Social is speaking third person again.