NEED ANSWERS (truthfully I got tired of searching)

homestarrunner

Reaction score
Okay…so,

I don’t post often (obviously)…but I do spend countless hours searching this site…although I have read 1000’s of posts I still have questions…I know that different regimes work for different people and mine is starting to weaken soooo….

I have been using (in varying mgs) finisterade for about 7 years…currently I use Proscar cut in thirds so about 1.6mg a day
5% generic solution of minoxidil every night
Nizoral 1% 3x a week
Saw Pawmetto 160mg 1x day
MSM 1000 mg 1x day
Centrum multivitamin 1x day

1) Long term effectiveness of finisterade?? I know what the research says…but has anyone here been on finisterade for more than ten years…if so, what do you think about its long term effectiveness?

2) Making the switch…Dutasteride?? Assuming I could afford it and was going take .5 mg a day, would it be worth my time to try it?

3) Minoxidil (Dr. Lee vs. Generic)?? Currently, I use a 5% generic solution…could Dr Lee’s products boost the effectiveness of minoxidil??

4) And what about copper peptides??- Apparently Neutrogena makes a lotion, so when and how do you apply it?

5) Nizoral 1% or 2%?? I don’t really have a problem with minoxidil irritating my scalp so which would more effective?

6) Last one…LASERCOMB ? Yea or Nah?

Thanks…

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Lasercomb has been FDA approved for hair thickening, and it is in FDA trials for hair regrowth. It has been approved for hair regrowth in Canada. So it is certainly worth a try, but it does cost $650.

Copper peptides have been shown to regrow hair in university studies, so that is also worth a try. Tricomin and Folligen are the two best options, with Folligen being the less expensive of the two.

You might also use minoxidil twice daily instead of just once. Twice is the recommended usage.

Also, unless you're taking saw palmetto for prostate health, you can drop it, since it does nothing for hair loss.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
have to ask someone thats been on propecia that long.... have you kept basically the same hair for seven years??? any initial regrowth that has also sustained?

homestarrunner

Reaction score
TRENT have to ask someone thats been on propecia that long.... have you kept basically the same hair for seven years??? any initial regrowth that has also sustained?

I think finasteride really worked well for me (first 6 years)...First let me say that I have diffuse thinning--no hair line problem (well maybe I do now but, anyway) I noticed that during the first 3 years on finasteride I not only maintained but had substantial regrowth...But its seems to be wearing of as the years go by...then again, I go through phases becuase I thought year 6 was pretty good year. BUT now it really seems to be on downward sprial (hopefully I am just having a weird growth cycle in which alot my follices are taking their 3 months off)

and in case your are wondering I added Minxodil (although only 4 times a week) and the rest of my regime about 2 years ago...

MVPSOFT Copper peptides have been shown to regrow hair in university studies, so that is also worth a try. Tricomin and Folligen are the two best options, with Folligen being the less expensive of the two.

what about that neutrogena product that has copper peptides? and if I was going to try Folligen or Tricomin where would suggest sticking them them in my regime?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Neutrogena licenses its copper formulation from Procyte, the makers of Tricomin. So if you go with a Neutrogena product, you're basically getting Tricomin.

I use Folligen. It's about half the price and stronger, although that does not necessarily mean it works better. I use Folligen and minoxidil at the same time, put one on my hair, then put the other on. Some people complain that Folligen, which is dark green, stains their hair and scalp, but I have not had that problem, and my hair is pretty light. Both Tricomin and Folligen come in spray bottles. If you spray it on, however, you'll waste a lot of it on your hair rather than getting it on your scalp, where it belongs. So I apply it the same way I apply minoxidil, with a dropper. In fact, I put it in an old minoxidil bottle.

There is also a Folligen cream, which would be good for completely bald areas, but not so good on areas that have hair.