Need advice on propecia and regaine

Last blade

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok.Im 17 and hairloss has been running my life for about a year now.My hairline is totally screwed and is dangerously close to a horseshoe.Ive been on regaine for about 7 months and it hasnt done a thing.Ive decided im going to go on propecia.This is a really big step for me at such a young age but to be honest ive become so depressed over this im almost sucidal so its a risk im willing to take.Im just wondering,if i start propecia do i need to continue with the minoxidil.And if i stop it does that mean a load of hair will fall out from my hairline which is were ive been using it?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Probably would be a good idea to keep using 5% minoxidil along with Nizoral shampoo. However.....ASK YOUR DR.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
from what ive read most people who stopped minoxidil when going on to propecia have regretted it bigtime. mate, good luck with the propecia, i started when i was 17, about a month before i was 18 and ive not experienced any major problems. if you have any sexual side effects try and ride them out, i did this and everything was fine - probably easier to adjust hormonally at a younger age. good luck.

Last blade

Established Member
Reaction score
I went to see a Doctor in october.i had blood tests and he told me i had male pattern baldness.At that point i didnt want to try propecia but as it has and continues to worsen i dont have any other choice.