Need Advice. I Am Going To Get A Hair Piece And Am Looking

rking35209

Reaction score
specifically for a system that is light density and gray. Can anyone here point me in the right direction. I have been looking but not that computer literate and am struggling to find a company that can give me a light density and approx 70 percnet gray on top. Thank you in advance.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know the type of base you want.?
This suplier has 4 or 5 models in light density ( use search by density in the stock model menu)

https://www.superhairpieces.com/shop-by-density-2/

Once you chose the base type, see in the color section if they have 70% grey..not standard, usually the have 60 the jump to 80...

Don't be afraid of the synthetic grey hair, (as opposed to human) I actually prefer synthetic , much sturdier hair...less sheding

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
specifically for a system that is light density and gray. Can anyone here point me in the right direction. I have been looking but not that computer literate and am struggling to find a company that can give me a light density and approx 70 percnet gray on top. Thank you in advance.
Any supplier can do what you are requesting to be done. The question is: are you looking for a stock unit or a custom unit? A stock is something the supplier has on hand at the moment; a custom is making a template, sending it in, hair samples, supplier working with the factory, whole different ballpark. And right now both options are very limited with the virus, but it is possible. You will have to do the research, but some companies offhand I can think of are: Northwest, Lordhair, toplace, hair direct, and BaldBearded has his own company. You can probably send him a PM right on this site.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any supplier can do what you are requesting to be done. The question is: are you looking for a stock unit or a custom unit? A stock is something the supplier has on hand at the moment; a custom is making a template, sending it in, hair samples, supplier working with the factory, whole different ballpark. And right now both options are very limited with the virus, but it is possible. You will have to do the research, but some companies offhand I can think of are: Northwest, Lordhair, toplace, hair direct, and BaldBearded has his own company. You can probably send him a PM right on this site.

Custom systems are taking from between 12-14 weeks from date that the factory receives the template.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
with covid19, there are longer delays with custom pieces, my last order of end of match still hasn't come in..

I had assumed original poster was looking for a Stock piece with 70 grey, reason I did not suggest other suppliers who do not offer that high of grey percentage in their stock, ( i know lordhair doesn't carry stock with that percentage, and others aren't clear on their website)

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
70% grey is likely to be custom. As said, most suppliers should be able to do it though time lines are skewed at the moment.
My supplier restarted a few weeks ago and is back at 8 weeks though as BB said others are longer.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
70% grey is likely to be custom. As said, most suppliers should be able to do it though time lines are skewed at the moment.
My supplier restarted a few weeks ago and is back at 8 weeks though as BB said others are longer.

Yes, and not all suppliers are even accepting some custom orders... many are JUST making stock systems, since that is a larger percentage of the business.