My (Violet's) Story

Violet

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Violet, and I live in Melbourne, Australia.

The hair on my head and body is slowly falling out, and I don't know why. At first I thought it was hypothyroidism, but all the tests I've had (with two different doctors) show that all my thyroid (including T3 & T4) levels are fine.

Then I thought it was androgenic alopecia/female pattern hair loss, but further blood test reveal that I have low testosterone levels and reasonably high oestrogen levels, and the hair is falling out not just from my scalp, but from my whole body. I used to have dark brown, hard hair on my eyebrows, then my eyebrows started thinning too and now they are light yellow, very soft and they've become so thin that everybody thinks I pluck them to within an inch of their life, but I don't actually pluck them at all... I used to pluck the odd stray hair below the eyebrows proper, but now there's no need even for that.

Even the hair between my legs is slowly thinning out and starting to turn blonder and blonder. I feel so traumatised by this slow loss of hair and helpless to do anything about it.

Are there any Australians here that could recommend affordable source of wigs? I'm a student and have hardly any money. Also, what will I do about my eyebrows? Are there eyebrow wigs for poor souls like me to wear?

Violet