My Story

jasperhobbs

Reaction score
I am a 52 year old male USA. Family history of baldness so I got on Finastaride 1.25 about 15 years ago even though all I had was some temple recession. Quit the finasteride as I got scared off by the side effects people said they got. (I never had the side effects) Started back on finasteride about 10 years ago and taking it ever since and kept my hair until about a month ago. I changed to Regenpure shampoo as I am always on the lookout for a better shampoo. I am guessing here but after using the shampoo DR and NT, my hair started to fall out rapidly. Whether it was coincidental or just my time to bald, I do not know. Hair got real thin on top and even lost some on sides. I quit the Regenpure shampoo and started adding minoxidil 5% twice a day. Hair loss has really slowed and I am alternating shampoos now and have a dermaroller on order. My hope is to gain back what I lost in the last month and work on temples. Might be futile effort with temples as follicle may be dead after all these years. Will keep everyone posted with my progress. Jasper