My story - ultimate defeat

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanted to introduce myself and give a good example of how balding too fast too early can utterly crush your spirit.

My balding probably started arround age 19-20 resulting in a more mature hairline. There were two things that prevented me from seeking advice right away. One was denial and the other was the fact that my dad pulled off a similiar hairline at a quite young age and kept his hair since, also my maternal grandfather had a full head of hair during chemo.

The hairline started receding only gradually and I told myself to do something about it when it passed a certain point, what I didn't realize due to my incredibly thick hair was that I also thinned on the top gradually more than I actually reced. It wasn't noticeable until december last year, my hair felt ill and shedded like a b**ch. In panic I just shaved it off and forgot about it....and the hair came back somewhat weaker than before but still fulll coverage.

I worked my *** off to get this foreign semester in a Japan , which has always been my dream. I even overcame a schizophrenic episode to do that and finally my university granted my wish.
This was when things got really got from bad to worse (age 24 mind you) , my top hair became so thin that I hade to get a certain haircut which covered it quite well and the stupid **** I am I told my self that the hair fell out because of stress and came back after recovery. One month passed and I lost my coverage, which freaked me out because I had to go to Japan in 5 months and I didn't want to alienate people.

What followed was severe panic attacks and insomnia which made my pale face sag and wrinkle prematurely and hollow cheeks. I look horribly disfigured and hide in my dormitory 24/7 only taking classes occasionally. My persona went from sassy, smart and handsome looking guy to complete shut in with a old man's face and diffuse norwood 6.
For me the game is lost now, I think that I made some mistakes but mostly life was dealing me very bad cards and I didn't have much of a chance.

Sorry for this depressing story.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could try to start finasteride and minoxidil since people still regain hair even at NW6, some people have gone back to NW2. If you are giving up then don't be so negative about it, embrace your baldness - shave your head, grow a beard, do whatever. Balding isnt the end of your life and by no reason should cripple your life in such a way. Wish you all the luck and i hope you recover to your smart and handsome self.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I would say since you recently just lost your hair, jump on treatments and see what they can do. From what you describe, my hair was similar to yours when I finally started treatments. Maybe even worse and I have grown some hair back. Keep in mind I am more than 10 years older than you and have been losing hair since I was 22. Since your hair loss is recent, you might experience even better hair regrowth than I did. I would say see your Dr and get a prescription for finasteride, start on minoxidil and get yourself some nizoral. Big 3 approach. At this point what do you really have to lose?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

umair

Established Member
Reaction score
Bro I m 19 nd had so much stressed out when found out that I m receding....I knw my condition is better than u....bt I ws so stressed that I cried like almost evryday fr 1 month....I lost my 3-4 kgs in one month....finallyfinally one day I told evrythng about this to my parents...I ws cryng when.I ws stating to them.....the way my parents consoled me nd gave me strength nd hope to live....they gave meme hope that I will look again good(i knw I wont)evn if I dont it wont matter....bro take my honest advice...spend sone more time with ir family....u need them...nd try to be happy as much as possible...
Best of luck

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
Bro you are young and can 'easily' turn your life around. I say easily because it is very much possible and very probable. You do need to work for it. My advice would be:

> Get on the Big 3 and persist. Min 2 times daily, finasteride 1mg/1.25mg daily and Nizoral or any other Keto at least twice weekly. If you have any sides immediately come back to this forum for advice.
> Beat your stress. It is killing your looks, your hair and your life. Stop looking down upon yourself and stop worrying about how others perceive you. Say to yourself it is temporary and I will be fine in 1-2 years time. Imagine yourself as someone who has shaved their head just like that, for fun or for a religious ceremony.
> Try to have a healthy lifestyle. This is not going to make much difference to hair growth but it will improve your looks and your life.

If nothing happens in one year do what you want and think what you want. Trust me it can and will in all likelihood turn around. You are in much better position than many on this forum for recovery because your loss is recent and your follicles are just withered and with a little care will come back up. You may not even need to wait one year and may start noticing visible change much before that.

Being bald will alienate no-one if you are good natured and if it does you should not care about them anyway. Being arrogant will. And being depressed will also.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...r-Finasteride-yes-or-no?p=1169326#post1169326

I'm currently on a regimen of minoxidil 5% which I used for 3-4 month now. I can't pull the bald look off anymore because my face aged so crazily with really disfiguring lines for some reason, my skin is horrible and I look like 60. So hard to accept, I just wanna be normal.

Also go to a doctor to confirm your 'aging' is due to your stress and nothing else. The pace and extent at which it happened (as you describe) seems abnormal so there could be something else involved which only a doctor can tell.

thatguywelbz

Established Member
Reaction score
Bad attitude that caused me problems too.

I didn't start finasteride because of scare tactics by people who do get side-effects and my hairloss started at 15 or 16!!!!!!

I started finasteride at 20 or 21 had a bad shed and gave up thinking it wasn't worth it. I should have given it more time. Then I started minoxidil and my bald spot at my crown is now 60% of what it was 3 months ago. I am 24 and my hairloss is 8 year old!!! and yet I'm making decent gains.

Now I'm on dutasteride and minoxidil and dutasteride has improved my life rather than cause negative side-effects. I am so horny it's crazy. My hair aren't shedding at all apart from weak hair making way for stronger hairs.

Please read my story and see my pics and you will see my bald spot, extend it 40% more and imagine the results.

When I stopped using finasteride because of shed I went through another big shed and lost even more hair and my psychology was exactly like yours. I felt exactly like you and now I feel worse sometimes because I did not start sooner. You hairloss is recent and you can regrow a lot of hair if you get on the big three. Don't give up lad!!!

- - - Updated - - -

As for your skin. I had **** skin too. I too gave up on everything relating to my looks and just focused on my goals. I didn't meet people or go out. I developed deep forehead wrinkles and mouth lines but now only very light mouth lines remain and I'm getting my to my younger self. I use retin a 0.1 every other day and it has done wonders. Please try that for your skin.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanted to introduce myself and give a good example of how balding too fast too early can utterly crush your spirit.

My balding probably started arround age 19-20 resulting in a more mature hairline. There were two things that prevented me from seeking advice right away. One was denial and the other was the fact that my dad pulled off a similiar hairline at a quite young age and kept his hair since, also my maternal grandfather had a full head of hair during chemo.

The hairline started receding only gradually and I told myself to do something about it when it passed a certain point, what I didn't realize due to my incredibly thick hair was that I also thinned on the top gradually more than I actually reced. It wasn't noticeable until december last year, my hair felt ill and shedded like a b**ch. In panic I just shaved it off and forgot about it....and the hair came back somewhat weaker than before but still fulll coverage.

I worked my *** off to get this foreign semester in a Japan , which has always been my dream. I even overcame a schizophrenic episode to do that and finally my university granted my wish.
This was when things got really got from bad to worse (age 24 mind you) , my top hair became so thin that I hade to get a certain haircut which covered it quite well and the stupid **** I am I told my self that the hair fell out because of stress and came back after recovery. One month passed and I lost my coverage, which freaked me out because I had to go to Japan in 5 months and I didn't want to alienate people.

What followed was severe panic attacks and insomnia which made my pale face sag and wrinkle prematurely and hollow cheeks. I look horribly disfigured and hide in my dormitory 24/7 only taking classes occasionally. My persona went from sassy, smart and handsome looking guy to complete shut in with a old man's face and diffuse norwood 6.
For me the game is lost now, I think that I made some mistakes but mostly life was dealing me very bad cards and I didn't have much of a chance.

Sorry for this depressing story.
The game is never lost only the permutations change she says it depends on how much you want it and I wanted it bad. Do you?

Attachments

• bald.png
    bald.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_4638.jpeg
    IMG_4638.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 242