My story pics included! sorry PIcs NOW included!

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it all started when I was at a club a friend told me hey "you're losing it",of course I was in denial.. I said no I'm not,and behold a few comments here and there and I became obsessed,didn't realize how much I was losing it,in fact day I went to get a haircut and get a crew cut he said I can't do it forehead would look too big,that was a shocker,this was May of '03,I was going nuts... so I found this board and well.. I have helped myself out tremendously.. I started all 3 the big "3" back in May of '03,I did have photos back then but don't have the accounts anymore.. personally.. I gained alot of hair back and have maintained but I always come here for well to check out whats new and some stories,I hardly ever post because I feel it will make me obsess about my hair and I don't want to. I've included 2 photos (very recent) one is a shorter haircut compact and one is longer... I have many photos I will upload,all I can say isthank god for the Big "3",I may switch to Rogaine Foam just for the hairline as my back has filled in greatly and no thinning there at all,I do use TOPPIK I don't use a ton,I use it in the front and thats about it... I like to add some fullness to it but pretty much this is what I have,feel free to comment or ask any questions!
OH here's the link to the pics.... I started Losing it when I was 24 or so,I'm now 30 I started treatment which will be 4 years in Late May

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/rmaron29/
Regards,
Rich

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry pics now avail!

sorry had pics as private plus I changed email and my account was disabled for a few minutes... pics are now public.. sorry guys!

Regards,
Rich

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
I have all 3 .. set as "public" works when I click on it,is the link not working for anyone else???Thanks I consider it moderate success and I can now style my hair and look nice and well I don't wear a hat anymore... I'm going to switch to rogaine foam (just in the front) as my other areasd are 100 % fine now .. I use kirkland generic 5 % minoxidil figured this might give it alittle boost.. oddly.. I'm starting this as this is the best my hair has looked in years.. (just got a haircut on saturday) wondering if I should even try the foam,I'm thinking on one hand I already have been using minoxidil but I know from prescription drugs the name brand and generic are light years apart,only reason I used Generic rogaine is because I use way too much of it and it allows me to not break the bank but the foam only in the front seems like a nice idea... any comments on that from anyone who has switched from kirkland 5 % or any other generic brand to foam,would hate to jinx myself...

Regards,
Rich

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nuttyrich said:
I have all 3 .. set as "public" works when I click on it,is the link not working for anyone else???Thanks I consider it moderate success and I can now style my hair and look nice and well I don't wear a hat anymore... I'm going to switch to rogaine foam (just in the front) as my other areasd are 100 % fine now .. I use kirkland generic 5 % minoxidil figured this might give it alittle boost.. oddly.. I'm starting this as this is the best my hair has looked in years.. (just got a haircut on saturday) wondering if I should even try the foam,I'm thinking on one hand I already have been using minoxidil but I know from prescription drugs the name brand and generic are light years apart,only reason I used Generic rogaine is because I use way too much of it and it allows me to not break the bank but the foam only in the front seems like a nice idea... any comments on that from anyone who has switched from kirkland 5 % or any other generic brand to foam,would hate to jinx myself...

Regards,
Rich

Still cant see the pics....

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
oh god no lol!

NO the before's I have on a hard drive somewhere... the hard drive crashed... but I'm trying to maybe retrieve all my photos from there,I documented it all from buzz clip from march of '03 till well the hair grew in well.. I stopped documenting about last year after it became very stable and realized I reached my max,these are my afters... I can add alittle to my story .. I took accutane for cytic acne on the chin when I was 20 years old,about 3 years later I started thinning... I can associate it with the accutane,I never had a good head of hair to start with even when I was younger never had amazing hair,I lived in the ghetto of NY so the standard was a ceasar/buzz cut,was hard for me to gauge if I was losing or not because I used to cut it that way all the time,then my dog died in March of '00 I was depressed started wearing hats alt and such but when my hair got longer is when I realized how much was losing it,looked like paper thin bangs (even while bleached),in early '03 I stated a friend told me I was losing it.. even before that when I used to take off my hat people would say hey you know wearing a hat makes you lose your hair,but me being young and nieve I really didn't know they were referring to me,then I was in cvs aisle getting something and a girl pointed out to another friend of hers I would never date a guy who is going bald like that.. and was referring to me,also while out one day in '02 or so ... I remember meeting a pretty girl in the supermarket ... she was really attracted to me.. gave me her # right there and such ,we went out to a bar and boom she looked at the top of my head in shock needless to say I didn't go very far LOL!!! I guess it was easier being younger people didn't think I was covering up hairloss but I guess I was,now I hardly wear a hat,I'm still alittle self conscious of my hair but I know I'm light years from where I was... I finally told my g/f of dating 6 months and she thought I was playing a joke on her.. until I shower her the rogaine and proscar and nizoral she said she would have never known,I'm thinking of adding rogaine foam to the front,but like I said things are going okay .. not sure if I should mess with it,I think I got lucky with hairloss.. I caught it when I still had a fighting chance plus being very religious with all 3,I will try to hookup the old hard drive to show what my hair looked like back then... I know it's easy for me to post photos of my hair looking okay and say "It worked" I know before and afters are warranted.. actually showing afters makes the before more of a necessity I believe since people want to gauage how far you've come. I will work on getting the old photos,remember this is quite a few years back,tried restoring my old aol name from years back but they only hold it for 6 months..... anyways I hope this helps others keep the faith,oh and my breaking point was in march of '03 when I went to get a haircut and the guy said I can't cit it your forehead would be too big that I didn't have enough to get cut,that was my final straw and did the buzz cut anyways and well... started all 3 a few days later,I had to get the buzz cut .. couldn't deal with seeing the sheds and stuff.. luckily by the time it grew in the shed was over and such,I've gotten quite a few sheds sometime shair looks good sometimes like crap...

Regards,
Rich

Laidback_0404

Reaction score
Rich...
For your minoxidil, I am guessing your using Rogaine. I have been using the big 3 for a couple of months and see a difference but I have a question. I use the Rogaine Foam on my crown and I am thinning on top as well...should I place it up top as well or the crown works its way though?

Any help from anyone answering this question is appreciated...

Thanks

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
no using kirkland

No I'm actually using Kirland 5 % I use way too much minoxidil to use the brand name,so I figure I will use the foam in the front.. and regular generic for the rest,this way it will last longer.

Regards,
Rich