My Story Of Fighting Hairloss (19 To Early 20s)

wishkid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully my story can shred some light on the options for dealing with hairloss.

So my hair started falling out basically on my 19th birthday due to personal stresses (i think), losing a f*ck load a day. For probably the first 3 months i thought it was diet/life style related and would stop but unfortunately this was not the case. It took me about 1.5 years to get on finasteride and i started using 0.75mg as a way to mitigate the side affects and it actually worked. I got 0 sides for 2 years but unfortunately i was still losing hairs slowly. So that's when i upped it to the full 1mg, unfortunately the second i did that i started getting sides which have been progressively getting worse (very low sex drive, super hard to get it up and to finish, bit of brain fog in the mornings). In the last year my hair has gotten to the point I would always wear a hat so i thought i may as well start on Minoxidil. I honestly wish i never started using it. By the 3 month mark i had hairs popping up everywhere - would have got hairline and full density back if i continued however it ruined my face. I have noticeable crows feet now which i never had before and it sucks. So noticing this i went off Min for 2 weeks to try and rejuvenate my face and.... lost all my gains. I'm currently using 0.5ml min 6 nights a week along with 1mg finasteride 5 nights a week and its slowed my hairloss to about 15 hairs a day. Having to deal with this at such a young age sucks, I hate going out, too self conscious to get a girlfriend or go in the ocean at the moment. I'm hoping something better comes out in the next year or so and we can all enjoy a bit of freedom.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that, mate. balding at such early age is absolutely fucked. I havent gone too far myself, started at 24.

Did minoxidil really give you crows feet wrinkles? Did they fade away with time?

wishkid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that, mate. balding at such early age is absolutely fucked. I havent gone too far myself, started at 24.

Did minoxidil really give you crows feet wrinkles? Did they fade away with time?

Yeah it honestly did. Nah they're still there unfortunately and probably getting worse so I am considering dropping min. If you're considering start min then just be weary that it is a side effect. My face feels numb when i put it on and the area under my eyes stays numb for quite some time so if you get that feeling when you first start then I'd recommend dropping it.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it honestly did. Nah they're still there unfortunately and probably getting worse so I am considering dropping min. If you're considering start min then just be weary that it is a side effect. My face feels numb when i put it on and the area under my eyes stays numb for quite some time so if you get that feeling when you first start then I'd recommend dropping it.
yeah, i was considering starting min, but again, these f*****g collagen sides like nasolobial folds and wrinkles, its fucked

hair loss is just sick disease

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's obviously weaker, but have you considered using 2% minoxidil? After using it for a period of time you would know if it causes the same issues with your face. If it doesn't then you can maybe try alternating it with 5% or using a percentage in between. It's something that I would try before fully dropping it considering the results that you've reported.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never had any issues with wrinkles with minoxidil, strange how this drug effects people in different ways. In fact my anti-aging routine is what gave me wrinkles under my eyes(retin-a) lol You could try taking collagen supplements and use collagen peptides on your skin while using minoxidil, that might mitigate some of the skin aging sides.

wishkid

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's obviously weaker, but have you considered using 2% minoxidil? After using it for a period of time you would know if it causes the same issues with your face. If it doesn't then you can maybe try alternating it with 5% or using a percentage in between. It's something that I would try before fully dropping it considering the results that you've reported.
I've considered switching to 2% and i think that i will instead of dropping it completely and just hope i dont shred

wishkid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never had any issues with wrinkles with minoxidil, strange how this drug effects people in different ways. In fact my anti-aging routine is what gave me wrinkles under my eyes(retin-a) lol You could try taking collagen supplements and use collagen peptides on your skin while using minoxidil, that might mitigate some of the skin aging sides.
Yes it's very frustrating how everyone reacts differently to treatments. I currently use a mixture of emu oil and other essential oils as well and collagen eye masks and they're helping. Washing my face 15 minutes after applying min has also helped