My shedding on minoxidil/ finasteride / creatine???

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been on minx for about 2 months and finasteride for 4 months.. Since I was taking minoxidil i have been experiencing some hairloss (shedding)...But for the past week my shedding has been going really crazy, like 50 hairs whilst i shower.

I have been taking creatine for 2 weeks. I dont know if theres a connection between the 2?

nightlife

Reaction score
never heard of creatine, but ride out the shedding. i went through it too came out the other side stronger. its a sign treatment is working, as the shed hairs will be replaced. i remember my first shed, crown visibility went through the roof, now you can barely tell looking from the back only. be strong and ride it out

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
Nah dude, the creatine wouldn't cause any increase in shedding. It does effect your liver and breaks it down even further because of the stress it's going through processing all of these new elements cause liver enzymes to be placed in your blood stream. But that's about it.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been sheddin on Min for 3 weeks now. and 50 will be a good day for me. Easily 100+. My shedding started very quickly...like 10 days after I started on Min. Dr. Lee believes it should stop in 4-6 weeks....So I am gonna stick with it for that long. Its a fuckin scary experience even touching the hair. Combing is so scary. One stroke and my sink and comb is filles with hair. Horrible...

I have heard in some forums that creatine increases hair loss, hence I am not using it. Again, this is what I have read so dont quote me in this.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeh I have read in many body building articles that large creatine doses can cause hairloss in users.

There's a whole host of side effects that you can get, and most likely you won't, but it has been documented.

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
hellohello said:
Yeh I have read in many body building articles that large creatine doses can cause hairloss in users.

There's a whole host of side effects that you can get, and most likely you won't, but it has been documented.

can u back this up by any specific documents or reports?

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Online I'm sure if you type creatine and hairloss into google, you'll find a few reports, but I saw it when I was reading bodybuilding magazines at the gym and my doctor told me to stay away from creatine if I was thinking of taking Propecia or any other long term medication.

From what I can remember the article suggested it boosts Test levels and causes a shorter growth cycle in your follicle, it also mentioned something about liver, kidney and rectum problems from taking it, and it also said to make sure you take it for a month on and off.

Goingat20

Reaction score
whey is fine, wont affect your hair, just get those muscles growing