My Right Temple Has Weird Sensations (stings, Pulsating, Numb) And Has Significantly Worse Hair Los

kevensixtytwo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi.

Been balding for about a year now. Initially i had big issues with itchiness and weird sensations almost all over my scalp, luckily this stopped after a while. One thing that has unfortunately not stopped are the weird feelings i get at my right temple where coincidentally the hairloss is a lot worse. As the title suggests, it ranges from sudden stinging, to weird pulsating and numbness (sometimes even burning), and it can be hell on earth on bad days. I can sometimes feel it down towards my eyebrows and towards my ears etc. so it's not only in areas where i lose hair.

The things i have tried: 5% ketoconazole shampoo a few times a week (i still use it), several other types of anti-dandruff shampoos, a liquid treatment i got from my dermatologist consisting of various things (basically for eczema and other skin conditions). I did a hair follicle test or whatever it's called to determine if i have bacteria there or other things that are wrong but results came back fine.

I'm really getting a bit desperate as it's really affecting my quality of life for the past 5-6 months to the point where i care less about the hairloss (even though whenever it kicks in its a reminder that im losing my hair at 22 so makes it a lot worse at the same time...)

Does anyone have experience with something similar to this? Any idea what could be wrong and if there is any possible treatment for this?

Thanks.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi.

Been balding for about a year now. Initially i had big issues with itchiness and weird sensations almost all over my scalp, luckily this stopped after a while. One thing that has unfortunately not stopped are the weird feelings i get at my right temple where coincidentally the hairloss is a lot worse. As the title suggests, it ranges from sudden stinging, to weird pulsating and numbness (sometimes even burning), and it can be hell on earth on bad days. I can sometimes feel it down towards my eyebrows and towards my ears etc. so it's not only in areas where i lose hair.

The things i have tried: 5% ketoconazole shampoo a few times a week (i still use it), several other types of anti-dandruff shampoos, a liquid treatment i got from my dermatologist consisting of various things (basically for eczema and other skin conditions). I did a hair follicle test or whatever it's called to determine if i have bacteria there or other things that are wrong but results came back fine.

I'm really getting a bit desperate as it's really affecting my quality of life for the past 5-6 months to the point where i care less about the hairloss (even though whenever it kicks in its a reminder that im losing my hair at 22 so makes it a lot worse at the same time...)

Does anyone have experience with something similar to this? Any idea what could be wrong and if there is any possible treatment for this?

Thanks.

Try propecia?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would use topical Zyrtec and take it orally and do not apply Minoxidil in that area. I would apply topical Zyrtec twice a day and take it twice a day orally and use a mixture of tea tree oil, peppermint oil and jojoba in between.