My recent scary RU58841 Experience (7 words)

PuzzleheadedNote3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm mind if I ask you to rate your overall health like fitness level body weight? Im seeing a lot of people report these kind of sides, personally I havent experienced any. Kinda curious as to why. Also did you use any protective equipment like gloves while applying the RU?

321nickname123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm mind if I ask you to rate your overall health like fitness level body weight? Im seeing a lot of people report these kind of sides, personally I havent experienced any. Kinda curious as to why. Also did you use any protective equipment like gloves while applying the RU?
I've always been fit, never overweight or anything close to that. Haven't been working out due to covid etc. (bad excuse I know) but this has nothing to do with the sides I experienced.

Didn't use gloves.

PuzzleheadedNote3

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've always been fit, never overweight or anything close to that. Haven't been working out due to covid etc. (bad excuse I know) but this has nothing to do with the sides I experienced.

Didn't use gloves.
I feel you on the gym part. Just started getting back in the gym myself. If youre not using gloves whatever dose contacted your fingers went systemic. Ive heard.people doing the same and having no issue but thats a surefire way of allowing the Anti androgen to cause side effects

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I see some others here have experienced similar side effects. That's indeed worrying.

I have a hair transplant procedure planned in 4 weeks and so far, although finasteride + min have somewhat slowed my hairloss, it didn't completely halt it.
Hoping that the dutasteride (which I take once a week) can slow it down further... but using it with RU58841 would've been the ideal combination.

For now I won't use RU, however I may try a lower dosage (e.g. 2%) starting 1-2 months post-operation...
You have already used less than 25 mg for application of ru, and got sides effects. So, why do you think you will not have anymore with 2 %= 20 mg for 1 ml. You got really bad sides effects like me, it can destroy your lungs or what else.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have already used less than 25 mg for application of ru, and got sides effects. So, why do you think you will not have anymore with 2 %= 20 mg for 1 ml. You got really bad sides effects like me, it can destroy your lungs or what else.
He said he used 5% not 2.5%. I highly doubt RU can destroy your lungs, shortness of breath and lung/chest pains are side effects of many different medications and they don't mean something sinister each time it happens. The abundance of caution when using something unapproved and unstudied is wise, but not all sides are disasters.

I've taken prednisone before for an auto immune condition and my first week on it I threw up 25 times and had bouts of breathlessness as well. Doctors didn't even seem very worried when I told them, they lowered the dose and said keep going. I also got heart palpitations from 5% topical minoxidil that disappeared 2-3 weeks into taking it.

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score
He said he used 5% not 2.5%. I highly doubt RU can destroy your lungs, shortness of breath and lung/chest pains are side effects of many different medications and they don't mean something sinister each time it happens. The abundance of caution when using something unapproved and unstudied is wise, but not all sides are disasters.

I've taken prednisone before for an auto immune condition and my first week on it I threw up 25 times and had bouts of breathlessness as well. Doctors didn't even seem very worried when I told them, they lowered the dose and said keep going. I also got heart palpitations from 5% topical minoxidil that disappeared 2-3 weeks into taking it.
<0.5 ml at 5% are less than 25 mg .... ru metabolites are like nilutamide that can cause severe damage to lungs

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
<0.5 ml at 5% are less than 25 mg .... ru metabolites are like nilutamide that can cause severe damage to lungs
I'd love to see your proof of that other then linking me to the youtube video I know you got that from. He also got his sides from 5% then lowered it for a week or two tops.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I know that those are possible sides from nilutamide lol, I'm talking about the proof that topical usage of RU has the exact same safety profile. I know you pulled that association from the Hairliciously video.

Either way, chest pain & shortness of breath are listed as one of the common and not severe sides of nilutamide, so you're kind of just proving my point. The existance of sides doesn't make them instantly serious.

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I know that those are possible sides from nilutamide lol, I'm talking about the proof that topical usage of RU has the exact same safety profile. I know you pulled that association from the Hairliciously video.
There are no sufficient studies to stabilize that. From what it seems cyanonilutamide is similar to nilutamide and the theory from the awful stories on ru58841 is that. I don’t how an anti androgen can cause heart and lung related side effect but this is what some people like me have experienced. I have other 10 grams of ru in the freezer and 180 ml of K&B solution but I bet I can’t use it if I want to continue to breath normally

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are no sufficient studies to stabilize that. From what it seems cyanonilutamide is similar to nilutamide and the theory from the awful stories on ru58841 is that. I don’t how an anti androgen can cause heart and lung related side effect but this is what some people like me have experienced. I have other 10 grams of ru in the freezer and 180 ml of K&B solution but I bet I can’t use it if I want to continue to breath normally
Again, I'm not saying you didn't get sides, I believe you. I'm just saying that instantly assuming it's destroying your lungs is not true.

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, I'm not saying you didn't get sides, I believe you. I'm just saying that instantly assuming it's destroying your lungs is not true.
I’ m scared from the awful stories on permanent sides from ru. I don’t know if these are true but if you don’t know the mechanism under the shortness of breath it can be harmful. The mechanism of the shortness of breath from cortisones are understood and aren’t dangerous. From ru is not, so it can be like nilutamide

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ m scared from the awful stories on permanent sides from ru. I don’t know if these are true but if you don’t know the mechanism under the shortness of breath it can be harmful. The mechanism of the shortness of breath from cortisones are understood and aren’t dangerous. From ru is not, so it can be like nilutamide
There are no real stories of permanent sides from RU. Every single one has them getting checked by a Dr and they find nothing wrong.

321nickname123

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are no real stories of permanent sides from RU. Every single one has them getting checked by a Dr and they find nothing wrong.
I'm not sure about that.

Either way, I'm not sure yet what I'll do. Recently received topical dutasteride in the mail and will use that once a week, in addition to finasteride and minoxidil. Might reconsider RU one year from now if the situation gets worse, but other than that there's no point for me in risking the sides again.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure about that.

Either way, I'm not sure yet what I'll do. Recently received topical dutasteride in the mail and will use that once a week, in addition to finasteride and minoxidil. Might reconsider RU one year from now if the situation gets worse, but other than that there's no point for me in risking the sides again.
100% fair. I wouldn't take RU unless it was a last resort either, I'm just saying that I've yet to see a credible story that RU did anything to anyone long term that was actually confirmed by a doctor. If this was causing lung or heart damage, this wouldn't be like PFS where it's impossible to diagnose, doctors would be able to confirm the damage through ECG, xrays, scans, etc.

Last edited: