My Rant !

Aco_KK

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm a Norwood 1.5 (not even). I have suffered from trichotillomania, nothing severe just minor though. And whenever I pull out hairs lately, theyve been thinner, less coloured and wispy. Hence, male pattern baldness. I will go soon to the doctor or a derm, to try and get a prescription but thats not what I am here for.

There is no way in hell, my hair has always been that thin and that unpigmented, it has to be male pattern baldness. And I know its like a competition on these boards, UC or that guy held captive in a hat and I will be slated so badly but I don't care.

I was born with flat f*****g feet. AAAAAND I hate it so badly ! It's given me hyperextended knees, knock-knees and scoliosis (hump back). f*** this sh*t seriously.

I was way chubby in high school, with massive man boobs, but in my later years i lost heaps of weight and the man boobs remained...i was diagnosed with gynecomastia :( going for surgery at the end of the year though :D

And now I'm losing my hair, which is pretty shitty, trust me to get the bad genetics.

Man I was generally anti-social, thats how I am. Anyway, what pisses me off is that I'm WHITEEEEEE. I live in Sydney, but I am Spanish, Greek and Egyptian, you'd think that I'd come out tanned? but NOOOO ! I'm a white guy. after my whole family is tanned.

And now hairloss, my cousins 34 and 32 and 25 have NO hairloss whatsoever. thats what makes it even worse ! The fact that my friends are all asian, with "THAT" hairstyle, the fact that my mum says "get a hair transplant - it'll be fine". I never realised how ALONE you are when it comes to talking to people about it.
THey cant sympathise with you or anything !

BUUUUUUUUUT

I am grateful for everything I haveeeee and i just had to rant. i'm happy that i still have hair literally engulfing my head and my overall health is good. but sooner or later that hair will deteriorate...

it's this impending doom that is anchored to my shoulders

OH BTW

I understand why bald people wear hats. I've had to wear jackets to cover up my manboobs all my life...and generally shied away from any jacket-doffing activities. Its more socially acceptable to be bald than have man boobs, but in most circumstances, man boobs can be acceptable concealed !

I don't trawl through posts or whatever, i just NEEDED to vent, i cant tell my parents this or anyone, only here !

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i also have gyncomastya, and will have it romved soon, lucky my health insurance covers this, but im afraid the presidure wont be a success since im very thin :/
anyways, your defently not alone there buddy :)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your situation Aco. Even though your right about being worse off than someone like me or HP, your attitude and proactive stance already surpasses both of us put together. Although I can tell you are suffering I also sense that you are a strong individual. Hopefully after your surgery you will feel more confident about yourself and not have to hide under the jacket. I sympathize with your situation.... it definately sucks and comparing yourself to others is one of many ways to begin your descent down that dark spiral staircase.

Aco_KK

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It's hard not having anyone to talk to about this stuff.

I'm just hoping with finasteride, I can hold on to my hair, so I can sort all these issues out.

The surgery, fixing my flat feet with orthotics, so I can do all this stuff.

And yeah, I dont want to hang around this site that much. I just want to get in a good general health, lose a bit more weight, etc