My Progress With Ru58841 And Minoxidil (25 Years Old)

AAM94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been gradually losing my hair over the last 2-3 years. It's been a slow process, starting with some thinning at the crown and recession at the temples. When I noticed this at the start I didn't do much research and just bought Alpecin caffeine shampoo, thinking this would help and stop me losing any more. Obviously this didn't do much.

This year, my hair loss seems to have accelerated and I noticed I was shedding a lot. I also noticed that in the last year, nearly every time I had a haircut, I didn't have to get the top cut as it had pretty much stopped growing. I took some photos of my scalp in June this year and noticed that the bald spot on my vertex had started to spread to the middle of my scalp too. It was at this point that I came to the realisation that if I didn't take any steps to stop any further loss, I would have to completely shave it off and have a bald head within the near future.

Therefore, I decided to start a regimen of RU58841 and minoxidil. The regimen I am on is as follows:

1ml RU58841 per day at 50 mg/ml.
1-2 ml of minoxidil twice a day, morning and night. The minoxil I use is Regaine 5% foam.

Additional things I am doing, although I don't think these are as effective as the RU and minoxidil are: derma-rolling once a week (skip RU58841 and one dose of minoxidil on the day I derma-roll; 1.5 mm needle length); additionally I use Nizoral 2% shampoo approximately 3 times a week.

In the first month after starting these treatments I had substantial shedding. I first started to notice improvement just short of the 2 month mark. I'm now about 3.5 months in and I'm pleased with the results so far. I'm hoping to keep improving.

The first 2 photos are from just before I started the regimen and the second 2 photos are from 3 months in.

Any comments welcome, please let me know your thoughts on my regimen and my results so far.

P.S I know some people may be concerned about side effects with RU as it's not an 'official' treatment. However, I haven't experienced any sides that I am aware of. I'm not trying to encourage people to use it, I'm just posting my own experience. I would encourage anyone to research RU before using it.

IMG_1946.JPG IMG_1943.JPGIMG_2224.JPG IMG_2228.JPG

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Incredible results for just 3.5 months. Hopefully you'll continue to have even more regrowth in the coming months. And hopefully RU58841 will be able to maintain that hair long term

Any reason you chose not to use finasteride?

AAM94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

My thinking behind not using finasteride was just that I preferred to use a topical treatment that only affects DHT in the area it is applied, rather than reducing it at a systemic level. I may consider using finasteride in the future but for now I am happy with the progress I have made to will stick with this and hopefully keep seeing progress.

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

My thinking behind not using finasteride was just that I preferred to use a topical treatment that only affects DHT in the area it is applied, rather than reducing it at a systemic level. I may consider using finasteride in the future but for now I am happy with the progress I have made to will stick with this and hopefully keep seeing progress.

I think you might want to consider using topical finasteride. Low doses of finasteride won't have systematic effects when applied topically. It's a bit harder to get topical finasteride. Your best option would be to get some from a compounding pharmacy (or you could buy it from a site that sells research chemicals). Personally, I crush some finasteride tablets and dissolve it in my minoxidil solution. Not the best, but hopefully it works a bit.

kremonik

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you might want to consider using topical finasteride. Low doses of finasteride won't have systematic effects when applied topically. It's a bit harder to get topical finasteride. Your best option would be to get some from a compounding pharmacy (or you could buy it from a site that sells research chemicals). Personally, I crush some finasteride tablets and dissolve it in my minoxidil solution. Not the best, but hopefully it works a bit.
What do we consider low dose? I have tried 0,10% and still get my DHT crushed around -70%. What % do you use? I read reports that even 0,005% is useful to prevent hair loss

kremonik

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been gradually losing my hair over the last 2-3 years. It's been a slow process, starting with some thinning at the crown and recession at the temples. When I noticed this at the start I didn't do much research and just bought Alpecin caffeine shampoo, thinking this would help and stop me losing any more. Obviously this didn't do much.

This year, my hair loss seems to have accelerated and I noticed I was shedding a lot. I also noticed that in the last year, nearly every time I had a haircut, I didn't have to get the top cut as it had pretty much stopped growing. I took some photos of my scalp in June this year and noticed that the bald spot on my vertex had started to spread to the middle of my scalp too. It was at this point that I came to the realisation that if I didn't take any steps to stop any further loss, I would have to completely shave it off and have a bald head within the near future.

Therefore, I decided to start a regimen of RU58841 and minoxidil. The regimen I am on is as follows:

1ml RU58841 per day at 50 mg/ml.
1-2 ml of minoxidil twice a day, morning and night. The minoxil I use is Regaine 5% foam.

Additional things I am doing, although I don't think these are as effective as the RU and minoxidil are: derma-rolling once a week (skip RU58841 and one dose of minoxidil on the day I derma-roll; 1.5 mm needle length); additionally I use Nizoral 2% shampoo approximately 3 times a week.

In the first month after starting these treatments I had substantial shedding. I first started to notice improvement just short of the 2 month mark. I'm now about 3.5 months in and I'm pleased with the results so far. I'm hoping to keep improving.

The first 2 photos are from just before I started the regimen and the second 2 photos are from 3 months in.

Any comments welcome, please let me know your thoughts on my regimen and my results so far.

P.S I know some people may be concerned about side effects with RU as it's not an 'official' treatment. However, I haven't experienced any sides that I am aware of. I'm not trying to encourage people to use it, I'm just posting my own experience. I would encourage anyone to research RU before using it.

View attachment 146703 View attachment 146702View attachment 146705 View attachment 146704
do you buy the RU already mixed or do you prepare it yourself? I'm thinking of making a mix Ru + minoxidil in one solution. But I wonder about the carrier. Do you know if 70% PG + 30% ethanol will work for both chemicals?