My pics

jfhawk06

Established Member
Reaction score
if all else fails, minoxidil could definitely thicken that up, otherwise, give finasteride some time.

VWdude

Reaction score
Do you guys think i should add minoxidil? or should I stick out out with the finasteride?

MEvsMPB

Reaction score
my hair looks nearly similar to yours, but I'm a little better off than you, my thinnig spot is a bit smaller.
I'm 3 months on finasteride and also thinkin of adding minoxidil.

atm my decision is that I'll wait with minoxidil another 6-9 months, I will give proscar a full year before deciding again although it feels bad for me, because you desperately want success and it's hard to hold that second card up in your sleeves.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
mine is about as bad as yours if not slightly worse

ive been on finasteride and minoxidil for a month started them both together

haven't really noticed any improvement but i dont think adding minoxidil would hurt?

MEvsMPB

Reaction score
no it won't hurt amrod, but there is a high possibility that you'll experience a major shed. Don't panic, stick with it if it happens!

:wink:

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Add minoxidil later so that you can see if finasteride has done anything for you. You don't want to be wasting your money later on by not knowing what's working for you.

VWdude

Reaction score
Now that I have kept that picture I have something to compare it to in 3 months time... Too bad I didn't take any pictures at baseline to comapare this pic to. Like many people, I am going to wait around a full year to see the full effects of finasteride, as of right now though, my scalp has never felt any better my whole life!

VWdude

Reaction score
I didn't take any before pics, that pic is at the begining of month three on my regimen so I really have nothing to compare it to until i take more pics as more months go by.. I'm hoping that finasteride alone can thicken things up for me. My temples are doing okay, it's just that I'm a diffuser and you can see right to my scalp in direct sunlight.. it would be nice if i could thicken up my hairline too. I used to have big thick hair now it's going kind of flat as it got thinner.