My new hair

sam2013

Reaction score
l have been slowly losing my hair on and off since my early 20's. l tried most creams and sprays.
Now in my 40's, l have for the past 4 months been wearing a hair system.
All l can say is that for me it has worked wonders. l can't compare it to anything else like a wig or
a clip in hair topper although l had thought of trying that but the thought of the clips pulling on my
bio hair put me off. How has anyone else got on with them? Would love to know!

What makes the the hair system different is that your natural hair is pulled through a very fine mesh
[usually silk] and fibre hair is attached with a micro clip to your natural hair. Once attached the mesh is
filled in.
Advantages are you can sleep, swim and wash and use heat on it. lt dries much faster than your natural
hair.
lt does need to be reseated every 6 weeks but only you will know you are wearing it!

lt is perfect if you have a important event planned, especially a wedding? honeymoon?
The one thing you wont have to worry about is your hair.

- - - Updated - - -

Losing your hair is very soul destroying.
But it need not be, as you are not alone.

virginia13

Reaction score
Hi Sam
it's enlightening to hear positive results, like you I love my hair now that I wear a hair system, I suffered for years until I found a solution 7 years ago.
My system is custom made all lace partial with a silk top about 7x8 in size, it's secured with tape so I sleep, shower and everything else wearing it without the worry of it coming off.
I do the maintenance myself and it takes me about one and a half hours every 7-10 days but it would last longer if needed.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What is the price of the system. So like how much does it cost on average?

Jude1447

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. I also have a hair system and it is part of me now. I have scarring Alopecia. I tried wigs etc, but I am just too active to wear a wig. Overtime I went to a fitness class I was afraid my wig would fly off. This is my second system and I would not be without it. I am also a Certified Life Coach and it did not dawn on me until I was in having my system put on, that I was not alone and that perhaps this would be a a great new Niche' for me with my business. If there is anyone who needs support through this soul destroying experience Life Coaches are great for support....why? because we listen and you have our undivided attention. I understand more then most because I have been through it and what Sam says is so true.....it is soul destroying, but with the support of others you will get through. Keep looking forward!! I was amazed at how many solutions are out there, but if you are like me and Sam a hair system will change your life!!

jps

Reaction score
I'm new here too, but this is something I have been considering! I've been using Minoxidil now for about 15 months, and while it's improving, it's nowhere near enough at this stage and I just don't know if it will improve past where it is now.

Wigs are well and good, and I've been wearing one for a long time, but it's really restrictive on what hairstyles I can wear and activities I can do. My biggest fear is that it will fly off in strong wind!!

A friend of mine told me of a woman she works with who has a hair system and she said it looks just fabulous and totally natural. I want to give the Minoxidil a little longer, but if it's doomed to failure then I will probably take this path :)

Mercedes16

Reaction score
response to getting a hair system

I'm new here too, but this is something I have been considering! I've been using Minoxidil now for about 15 months, and while it's improving, it's nowhere near enough at this stage and I just don't know if it will improve past where it is now.

Wigs are well and good, and I've been wearing one for a long time, but it's really restrictive on what hairstyles I can wear and activities I can do. My biggest fear is that it will fly off in strong wind!!

A friend of mine told me of a woman she works with who has a hair system and she said it looks just fabulous and totally natural. I want to give the Minoxidil a little longer, but if it's doomed to failure then I will probably take this path :)
Hi, I am new to this forum also and want to share my experience and possibly help others. I have been using 5% rogaine once a day, IGROW laser helmet and 100mg spironolactone. I waited too long, but was able to get my hair back so far from how it was 2 years ago. I have been doing this routine for 10 months now. The spironolactone was not added until 4 months ago and I'm not sure that is even making any difference, but my hair has continually improved. One thing I found was a human hair piece by Raquel Welch called side swept bangs. It is the greatest thing ever to just give a little more fullness on the top frontal area. I had my hairdresser match my hair to it perfectly. It is not expensive compared to a wig, and so light you don't even know you are wearing it. I tried the wig initially when I was starting to grow my hair, and it was so uncomfortable and fake looking. Initially i was told I had waited too long and would need a hair system. I checked into those and yes, they can look real, etc. BUT, they get smelly, hot in the summer, and need readjustment every 4 weeks or so. They are an alternative, BUT if you want your own hair back,try what I did. I actually can go without the sideswept bang thing now, but I love how great it looks and makes my hair grooming so much easier. Just play with it and you can get it to do most any part, or whatever, Plus the best part no one can even tell when I' wearing that or my own hair. The 5% rogaine I get from a place called Evolution Hair loss Center in Arizona. I came across it when doing my research and spoke with William Gaunitz the owner. He is in the business of growing hair and I am so glad I spoke with him before getting a hair system and hence no chance of ever growing my own hair back. He will talk with anyone and he knows his business! No charge. Just a thought before you lose your opportunity to grow your own hair. Check out their website. I am so glad I did.

Miettelund

Reaction score
Hair system

Does the hair system itch? Is it hot? I have been wearing wigs for a few years. Now I started Minoxidil and I have a lot of hair, about 1 to 2 inches from scalp. My hair looks so much better I can stand to go without a wig. However, I now have dry scalp and itchy skin. I may be allergic to the Retin A in the compound from a derm of Minoxidil 8%, Retin A, and a steroid. I got off for two days and my hair did not itch last night for the first time. I am trying now 2% minoxidil today to see. So sad. I would love to have just enough hair to look normal and not like a sick person.

- - - Updated - - -

You can wash those bangs yourself and save money ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Wigrip is comfortable and won't let wigs fall off.

DebbieinDallas

Reaction score
That is wonderful!
I'm not on a system, however, use hair fibers to fill-in the front.
BTW, I am new to this forum!:wave:

Jhair123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been dealing with hair loss for awhile now, and this girl's videos have helped me so much. Here's a cool one she just posted with a good way to style your hair when it's thin. Thinking i'm going to try this soon and hope it helps! Wanted to share since she has helped me so much. Good luck to you all.