~~my marathon shed~~

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
im at 6 months on finasteride now. i swear ive seen my hair density fluctuate, going up and down for a while at a time throughout treatments. but right now my hair is pretty harn thin, especially at the hairline. its looking very sparse. under a bright light. i can see all the way to the back of my scalp from the centre of the hairline.

my hair seemed to go up and down on treatments, but the last time i saw an "up" was about 2 months ago, at the 4 months mark. is it possible that ive been losing for the last 2 months now, and it could grow back? diffuse thinner, regimen only finasteride.

****i wonder if anyone else has experienced a shed around month 5 or 6 and what happened after? any regrowth or thickening? please let me know****

thanks

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why are you using only Propecia? It eventually might come out good in the end if you hang on long enough. For some it can take up to a year or more to achieve satisfactory results. Give it time. You really should use some minoxidil. Make that 5% minoxidil. Along with nizoral and copper peptides(Folligen).

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
im starting only on finasteride because i think its better to add as necessary. firstly, starting only on finasteride saves money. secondly, i am saving other treatments for later, so i can buy more time hopefully. thirdly, i am saving time, as minoxidil applications would be quite a hassle.

do you really think some people see results after only a year? ive seen results before this time. around jan/feb my hair was really really thin, but it bounced up by feb/march. im just hoping this is a shed. but have many other people had experiences of shedding/regrowth on finasteride roughly around month 6? or later? this is what i need to know!!

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm on month 5 now and also going through a huge shed. I'd say 10-20 hairs when i run my wet hand through it. But I say stick with it what else can u do?

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Shedder is right. Stick with it and keep going. Let me ask you a question, what does the hair that your shedding look like? Are they gradually getting longer and thicker with each shed or what?

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
i have no clue. some hairs shed are thin, some are thick. i cant honestly compare the average hair i lose now and the average hair i shedded a few months ago, totally imprecise. and thats not even taking into account the non-male pattern baldness hairs you shed.

yes i will stick with it. but itd be encouraging to hear some stories about people who recovered from shedding/thinning/loss after the 5 or 6 month stage.

and i may need to add other treatments. not soon, hopefully. but maybe it might be sooner than i thought.

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea, i've been on it for about a month and a half and finasteride for almost 6. I was hesitant to start minoxidil becuase of the twice a day thing but if your good at applying it dries in about an hour and if you don't get any on your hair wet with minoxidil its almost unnoticeable. Other members of this site and others have had decent results with minoxidil so I figure its worth a shot, And also some words of encouragement. A freind of mine who i haven't seen in a while also has been losing hair for about 2 years (about the same as me) and his hair looks bad. It may be due to the fact he may be losing his hair more aggressively than me, but he hasn't even heard of finasteride and tried the avacor sh*t and he is thoroughly depressed because of it. In short, kudos to you for doin something about it and keep on finasteride and/or minoxidil.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The shedder said:
Yea, i've been on it for about a month and a half and finasteride for almost 6. I was hesitant to start minoxidil becuase of the twice a day thing but if your good at applying it dries in about an hour and if you don't get any on your hair wet with minoxidil its almost unnoticeable. Other members of this site and others have had decent results with minoxidil so I figure its worth a shot, And also some words of encouragement. A freind of mine who i haven't seen in a while also has been losing hair for about 2 years (about the same as me) and his hair looks bad. It may be due to the fact he may be losing his hair more aggressively than me, but he hasn't even heard of finasteride and tried the avacor sh*t and he is thoroughly depressed because of it. In short, kudos to you for doin something about it and keep on finasteride and/or minoxidil.
He did try the Avacor? Boy, did he get fucked royally. Yeah, I fell victim to it as well when it first came out. I felt sh*t on and robbed when I found out it was a total scam and of course the lack of good results.

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Ha yea I heard it was a spruced up minoxidil and they were being sued for misrepresentation. I'm basically turning into the FDA's sl*t. Whatever they approve I'll probably use..(Avodart) If finasteride doesn't work after a year and a half..

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The shedder said:
Ha yea I heard it was a spruced up minoxidil and they were being sued for misrepresentation. I'm basically turning into the FDA's sl*t. Whatever they approve I'll probably use..(Avodart) If finasteride doesn't work after a year and a half..
Shedder please don't be an FDA sl*t!! Just because the FDA approves of something doesn't mean right off that the sh*t will be good or even totally safe. Gotta remember that they are being paid $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ alot to say those things. If your'e going to be their sl*t then make sure that they give you some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for it.