My Journey So Far Age 31 Male Australia

BMax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I decided to join up here, i have read these forums for years and years and decided now was a good time to join.

I dont really want to post pictures i can if needed and crop the face out, but i would say i am NW1 or 1.5 now and at worst i would have been a 2 i really always hated my crown and worried about it. I feel like Norwood scale is heavy on the hair line and not as much on the crown so hard to say exactly

I always thought my crown was a bit thin and would worry about the natural hair whirl etc.

Anyway i have tried alot of things and i started treatments when i was about 27.

At first i went with topical minoxidil and oral finasteride 1mg daily as well as saw palmetto. This wasnt a good experience but i tried it for about a year cutting back to .5mg finasteride due to the "uncommon" sides. And then stopped it completely. I actually didnt seem to lose anything by stopping i kept on minoxidil though.

I had really bad issues with minoxidil as i couldnt handle the PG in it so i went with oral minoxidil. The issues were bad flaking and extremely itchy scalp

I also did about a year of laser and PRP and then i thought my crown was getting worse, it seemed the crown was thinning a bit and the hair whirl was opening this was really only noticable with wet hair

So I had a 1100-1200 FUT transplant extremely happy with this. I am in Australia and if anyone wants information as to where i had this done i can discuss in a pm. Around 600 went to the crown and the rest the hairline. My hair wasn't really bad so this helped top it up.

The transplant was about 16months ago. I decided that i wanted to try topical finasteride 0.25 so i got it componded and with minoxidil at 5% PG free. This is my current maintenance i just use 1ml a day at night 2 hours before bed.

And this seems to have stablized me after the transplant, transplant gave me new hairs and now i am trying to prevent further loss, i started the topicals about 10 months ago and i have had no side effects on it.

I wanted to create an account because i have done a lot of different things and thought i may be able to help some people.

I also am interested in new treatment options and different peoples opinions.

There are also a few things i really dont understand about hair loss, for example why there isnt an interval effect when using blockers, I have asked many this and never got a good answer, maybe someone on here might know.

Anyway if anyone has any questions about this let me know.

I will also update on here if i make any changes or notice any differences.

Last edited: