my issue with foam

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
How can it work if you're rubbing most of it into your hair?

With the liquid you just run the dropper along your scalp, you don't need to touch anything.

With this foam, you're supposed to rub it in. Well, rubbing puts most of it into your hair.

And this works :?:

You must use more than 1ml per dose, then.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It does go through your hair yes, I have had no problem with this, I use just over 1/2 a cap to cover the whole front section of my head.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
so, it's considered to be more effective but you have to really use more of it to get to your scalp.

And it dries fast, huh?

I'm probably going to pick this up soon but I'm scared to switch from what's been working for me, the liquid.

I'm scared that I wouldn't use it right or use enough.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I recommend applying directly to the scalp and rubbing in with the tips of your fingers. you have nothing to fear with switching.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
ok...

I'm going to try it but I'm just having real trouble seeing how a foam that mostly gets into your hair instead of on your scalp is almost 40% more effective than a liquid of the same damned stuff that you can put directly onto your scalp skin.

Just trying to wrestle with that idea and getting no where.[/i]

ShedMaster

Reaction score
yeah but heres the thing, once you try it, I think you will be convinced that enough of the product, the liquid gets all over your hair too, gets on the scalp to be sufficient. I think you will be happy.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I agree 100%. Just give it a shot and I think you'll find it superior to the liquid formulation.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright, guys, I took the plunge.

Here's hoping that after 3 good years of liquid minoxidil once a night (and finasteride) that have taken me to a pretty full hairline but an unsatisfactory back (so close!) that by doing this stuff twice a day + finasteride will be enough to knock me up a few more notches until the cure's come out.

*crosses fingers*

Thanks, you've all been a great help.

Here's hoping I can have more of a social life instead of going home to let the crap dry.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
I just applied it, I'm sorry, but I'm totally freaking out here :lol:

I mean, it's like I didn't do anything, I'm used to a wet head. And I had to rub it into my hair.

I'm having a real hard time buying this...

can someone show me the studies on foam?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Finish line said:
I just applied it, I'm sorry, but I'm totally freaking out here :lol:

I mean, it's like I didn't do anything, I'm used to a wet head. And I had to rub it into my hair.

I'm having a real hard time buying this...

can someone show me the studies on foam?

it absorbs very quickly and efficiently,the foam is far superior

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stop being such a drama queen, you've been given the facts.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, fine, but if this backfires and 3 good years of progress goes to hell I'm going to fly across the pond and kick your bloody arse.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Apply it directly to the scalp and rub it in. Its actually very easy once you get the hang of it.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
if you are still paranoid...why don't you try mixing up the applications.....foam in the morning and liquid at night....if you feel there is improvement....use foam for both....if you feel you are losing ground, drop the foam and go back to the liquid

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
Apply it directly to the scalp and rub it in. Its actually very easy once you get the hang of it.

what do you mean, put the applicator directly onto your scalp like the dropper and squeeze little bursts?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Finish line said:
Nathaniel said:

what do you mean, put the applicator directly onto your scalp like the dropper and squeeze little bursts?

you see the instructions that came with the foam? ahuh yup good :lol:

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finish line said:
Nathaniel said:

Yeah. I part my hair, put the applicator close to the area and apply the foam directly on the scalp then rub it in. I don't put it on my fingers and then transfer it to the scalp because it tends to dry away too fast.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
well, if this stuff is truly better performance than the liquid than I think I'm in dreamland.

Anybody have a link to that graph showing the difference between liquid and foam?

I'm doing two a day applications that I could never do before. I'm applying it on my way to work! And when I get there my hair looks like I haven't put a thing in it.

After 3 years on the liquid it's freaking crazy.

It had better work because it's like a dream come true for minoxidil. A total quantum leap.

It had better work.... better.