My "hairline" - Need help! pics

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are my latest hairline shots. I noticed thinning on the left a few weeks ago and I don't know what the hell to do. It's looking pretty grim at the moment.

I've been on Propecia over 2 years and I think it's definitely helped. I've been on minoxidil for over a year, but never really applied it right over existing hair, just in front it. No results obviously.

Will minoxidil help my hairline or just finish off whats left? Any ideas are appreciated.

http://public.fotki.com/tomsmith316/tomsmith/

G

your hair thinning is very similar to mine. Mine is probably a bit worse.

My left temple/hairline is almost perfect whereas my right side looks like sh*t and seems to be diffusing, my front centre hairline is also thinning out as well.

I'm worried my whole frontal hair is going to be diffuse within the next 6 months. I have been on finasteride for 7.5 months and been puttingminox on my hairline for about 5.5 months. I know its been said so many times before and some people get pissy but it really seems the minoxidil has ruined my hairline on one side.

I don't know whether its still a shed but 5.5 months seems quite far in to be shedding still.

As for minoxidil with your hairline, it's up to you really but it'll defintely look worse for a while before it gets better.

I f*****g hate the stuff, I wish I never used and stayed on finasteride for a year but I jumped into it without researching it all properly.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
sh*t I feel exactly the same now. To be honest I think I will start putting a bit on the left~front side as there are literally 4 bloody hairs left.

Really scared the crap out of me as I though I had this thing nailed and every time I do it throws me a new type of receeding/thinning/shedding/ problem. I'm going to get a cut tomorrow so I don't have to look at the bloody thing for a while.

Baldie

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd kill for the hair you've got............

dw99

Reaction score
i'll second what baldie said... go out and enjoy yourself and forget about your hair. noone will ever notice that.

Cassin

Reaction score
Looks good to me Tom. Your doing very well, you have a solid hairline and your hair is very thick. Your hair looks better than my friends who receded some after 21 and it kept going till he was 25. Just about the same thing happened to all the guys in his family, and he will never go bald. Just one of those things.

IMO, nobody can halt some recession so people need to understand that, but they can halt "typical loss."

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Tom... Did you see any regrowth in your first year of Propecia? I'm curious because I'm one of the people who's gone on it with a full head of hair, and most of the data/user experiences on this site are from people who are a bit further down the male pattern baldness path.

Thanks

Jay

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
I accepted a long time ago (2 years!) that I will be bald some day and the only thing I can do is slow it down.

I KILLS me though, when I pull out yet another dead hair off my hairline and then look at a spot that will almost certainly be gone in a few months.

Every time this happens I have to adjust, then accept, then try to continue on with rubbish like work, when it all seems so pointless.

I sometimes feel like shaving the bastard off with a mach 3, but my brothers (and everyone else) would surely die laughing if I ever did.

What a splendid hand I was dealt...

Rant over.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
hairschmair

Regrowth on Propecia was minimal. Its vital for maintenance, so if you've got good hair now, in theory, you should still have good hair in 2 years (or more) time.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but your baldness is only definable relative to your age. If you had that hair at 50, people would be extremely envious. So every year you don't recede, thanks to treament, you're actually taking a step forward in the 'baldness status' as all your friends become balder.

Well, that's one way of thinking of it at least :) .

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks for that. I was hoping for some 'tightening' up top to go back to my 100% hair level, but I'll be happy to keep things as they are (I would say 90% of where I was before I male pattern baldness started).

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to maintain what I got with propecia, as I went on it with a full head of hair (as my name suggests :lol: ). But I do have some recession on my right temple and want to grow it back. I wil NEVER touch minoxidil after all of the horror I've heard about it though.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, stay on Propecia until you are sure that you need regrowth. For some of us the line has been crossed and there is no going back.

I may as well be rubbing cat piss into my head.

IMHO it may be cheaper as well...