My Hair Loss & Treatment Story (w/pics)

CharlieSays

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm in my 4th month of my regimen and feel like it is the right time to write down some of my experiences and to easier track my progress or even get/give help and tips. Will try to keep it as short as possible.

Some background; I am a 34 year old northern european male. Up until around 5 years ago I was blessed with very thick hair all over my head. Except for some thinning temples like a lot of men experience, I was never overly concerned with my hair ever thinning. My dad had thinning hair ever since I could remember, though he was never what I would conscider bald. On my mothers side all the men had and have a full set of hair even well into their 70's.
It wasn't until around a year ago that I really started to notice my thinning crown. This became especially apparent whenever I let my hair grow out a bit and family members (always honest) commented on my thinning crown. This along with my otherwise thick hair made it especially noticeable. Unless my hair was cut short and tight I would feel very self conscious about my hair. I decided to take action and research what options were out there. This is when I started reading up on 'The Big 3'.

I settled on trying the combination of Ketoconazole shampoo with 5% Minoxidil, not wanting to take any oral medicine at first as I am always weary to taking any kind of medication unless it's absolutely necessary. I would rather add this if desired results were not experienced. My regimen was to consist of;

- 5% minoxidil, 1ml to be used morning and night. (Lipogaine Intesnsive treatment/Generic Minoxidil)
- Ketoconazole Shampoo, to be used 3 times a week. (Lipogaine Big 3 hair loss shampoo)
- Daily use shampoo, must be sulfate free. (Lipogaine Big 3, purple label)
- Good conditioner for thinning hair. (Regenepure Intense volumizing biotin conditioner)

I settled on trying Lipogaine's range of products at first as they received generally positive reviews (see above). I have since gone over to generic Minoxidil due to Lipogaine not being easy accesible and it also being a more costly option. I have always had a sensitive scalp and though not to troubled with dandruff I would at times have a itchy scalp and had mostly previously used generic dandruff shampoo.

Pics:
June 16 June06-2.jpg June06.jpg
June 26 June26-4.jpg June26-2.jpg June26.jpg
July 11July11.jpg July11-3.jpg
July 18July18-2.jpg July18.jpg
Aug 13Aug13.jpg Aug13-2.jpg Aug13-3.jpg
Aug 26Aug26.jpg Aug26-2.jpg Aug30_wet-2.jpg
Sep 03Sep03-2.jpg Sep03-3.jpg Sep03-4.jpg
Oct 17Oct17-3.jpg Oct17-4.jpg Oct17-5.jpg

After only 1 week my scalp felt much healthier and the itching I would often experience was completely gone. Though I never really have noticed any hair actually falling out or cloging up in my shower, I quickly noticed already by the 2nd and 3rd week that my hair had shed ALOT! This continued the next couple of months as you can see in the pics. Even though I was at a low point hair wise, I was encouraged by thinking that the thinner my hair became, the more thicker and fuller it would come back. It wasn't until around 3rd month I felt that my hair was growing back to how it was before the regimen, while in the 4th month I felt like my hair was improving beyond the point I started at. To where I am now.
Two months ago I wouldn't have been seen dead without a cap to today strutting around with my hair in the wind feeling more confident than in a long time. Hoping that the next month will only show further improvement and I hope to share this with you guys and maybe encourage someone in the same position as me.

Sorry for the long post.

TL DR On 4/5th month of Keto shampoo and Minoxidil. Very happy with progress :D

Last edited: