my hair is ok now but the time when my hair was bad

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm just a pessimist at heart, I always look at the negative in an effort to fix it but there is just no fixing hair loss or the mental damage it inflicts. That is why we will never see eye to eye on this but knowing you makes it easy to accept it.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Didn't know thinking logically and positively made anyone a "greenpeace hippy." That's a new one.

Your little ones must be so glad to know their father's love is conditional and he's mentally stable enough to help them when they have problems.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
These forums seem to be more about who has it worse than anything else. A bit of a shame really. The actual balding process can hit you pretty damn hard. Maybe as hard as living your life as a bald man, just in a different way. Exodus is what, 18? 19? If he already has such visible hair loss, no medication is going to save his *** in the long term. Is he then supposed to feel good about his hair situation because there are members who already are fully bald? I don't get how is that different from those amputee examples.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
These forums seem to be more about who has it worse than anything else. A bit of a shame really. The actual balding process can hit you pretty damn hard. Maybe as hard as living your life as a bald man, just in a different way. Exodus is what, 18? 19? If he already has such visible hair loss, no medication is going to save his *** in the long term. Is he then supposed to feel good about his hair situation because there are members who already are fully bald? I don't get how is that different from those amputee examples.

Depends what you mean by 'long term'. It's hard to tell from the pic in his profile how bad Exodus's hair is, but there's no reason why Finasteride couldn't halt his loss for several (possibly many) years to come.

there's always been tension between the high Norwoods and the low Norwoods here. I can understand the frustrations of the high NWs, but ultimately male pattern baldness needs to be caught early so there's nothing wrong with low NWs coming here to look for advice. Still, this board is plagued with paranoid Noobs with no signs of hairloss at all - which can get irritating to those of us with real male pattern baldness.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
To be honest i dont get the Norwood argument at all losing hair is bad END OF if you are a NW3 or a NW5 etc it dont matter losing hair is still losing hair...what? cause i have more hair then some even though its patches its ok aslong im not a full horse shoe? please...

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong QC, I fully understand how frustrating it must be to be told to STFU about hair loss by some guy with nothing more than a mature hairline. But I still find this general lack of "empathy" kinda surprising. It's not like there is a cure out there and everyone who isn't slick bald by now should just get on with their lives. It doesn't really work that way at all. I shave my head these days even though I could grow my hair out and hide my NW3 and my diffuse thinning with a concealer. With my hair getting progressively worse, I just find it easier to deal with the situation by shaving it all off right now.

IIRC, Exodus is very young and has pretty noticeable diffuse thinning. If he's a responder to meds, that's good obviously, but he will still go bald earlier than most males. There is no reason he shouldn't be unhappy about his hair situation at his age, just because some members nearly twice his age have it worse.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
What happened with your hair, Exodus2011? The big3 worked for you or what?