My hair is a bit longer LOOK NOW Pics inside

NeedHelp

Reaction score
Well little history with me. About march 2003 i had real bad scalp pain to the point i could barely put my head on a pillow and scab type things on the top of my head to the point my stylist said to see a Doctor but i never did. All of a sudden my hair thinned all over specially directly on top not really the vertex and not even the hairline. REMEMBER THIS IS MARCH 2003 NOW ITS 2005 and Hairline is very much in tact. Some of my hair grew back but overall is still thin including the top and above my ears more. All the experts look is this male pattern baldness and if so what Norwood scale am I or do you think it might be caused by something else maybe hormones or thyroid as my mom has thyroid. BTW My BROTHER HAS FULL SET OF THICK THICK HAIR!!!

male pattern baldness OR NOT??????? Should i see a derm OR jump on the big 3? and if so how do you find a good derm with specialty in hair loss?

http://photos.yahoo.com/rags2377

_

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
agreed... See a doctor. The inflammation and pain raises a question about conditions other than male pattern baldness (that might be treated differently...). Even if you feel ok now you might have a persistant condition. If not the topical thinning still raises a question of male pattern baldness but it would be better to make sure nothing else needs to be treated... Your hair might look a little better 1/2 inch longer, as like you said you have a good hairline but may not have the density for such a short cut.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

If something does not feel right then you should see a Doctor ASAP in order to investigate this "pain" you have. Solve that and then move onto the male pattern baldness issue.
You have dark hair that is kind of afro-esqe so your scalp really shows through (don't worry because it looks fine), but it should be noted that the sides of your head look exactly the same as the top of you head in the 2005 photos. Since male pattern baldness only effects the top of the head and your top looks the same as the rest of your hair, I would estimate that you do not have male pattern baldness but I am no expert.

itchy080

Established Member
Reaction score
the back and sides of ur head kinda resemble mine...i dont know wht that means cuz apparently my derm diagnosed the wrong thing, see the subject my dermatologist and weird diagnosis

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
go to see an endocrinologist, not a dermatologist

i think you have some endocrine disfunctions going on

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow. After reading your post and looking at your pics I'd say that the combination of things that are happening to you warrants a visit to the Doctor asap. I wouldn't mess with this kind of stuff but get a professional opinion on it.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, see a Doctor. Please, share with us your diagnosis, cos I´m interested, as I have simillar overall thinning. The dermatologist said me nothing clear and put me on minoxidil, vitamins and some form of anti-sebum shampoo. And it didn´t work.

Mickey

Established Member
Reaction score
That is roughly what mine looks like not so bad though and mine is confined to the top and right side.I was told by one doctor i had Telogen Effluvium even in February i pointed out spots on my scalp was told again its Telogen Effluvium.Recently the pain and itching got so bad on my scalp that i thought this dont seem right to me.That i had it shaved to expose a load of red spots on my scalp and a lot of flaking.Went to see another doctor he asked me how long my scalp has been in pain and itching told him more or less right from the start of my hair loss.He was angry that i have been mis-diagnoised believing i had Telogen Effluvium when in fact i have Eczema and bad seb-derm good job i had my head shaved to expose it all and now on a steroid based serum and told to wash my hair rotating a coal based shampoo and Nizoral.In just a few weeks my scalp has gone back to normal no more pain or itching and still continuing treatment for it.

Reaction score
See a derm. But you most definitely have male pattern baldness with Seborrheic Dermatitis. You are a diffuse thinner. But I don't think there is anything to worry about . Besides battling male pattern baldness and SD.