My Finasteride story

mcfly

Reaction score
I started taking Propecia just a couple of months after I turned 18 back in 2002. I experienced a lot of regrowth and I didn't experience any of the side effects back then. After my Propecia trial, my doctor prescribed me 1/4 Proscar per day because it was much cheaper and pretty much the same thing according to him.

I quit taking finasteride 5 months ago because it no longer helped to prevent my hair from thinning and that I had gotten man tits. :freaked2:

After quitting finasteride I've noticied the following:

- I've gotten excessive underarm sweating and even though I've gotten botox injections for it, the sweating has moved from my underarms to my feet. :(

- No matter how much I exercise and watch my diet. I can't seem to get rid of the stored fat on my stomach, chest and buttocks that I got while I was on finasteride.

- My eyes are less dry than before. While I was on finasteride I couldn't wear my soft contact lenses without getting irritation even for shorter periods while using lubricating eye drops.

- The small breast tissue I've developed hasn't gone away.\

- Looking at older pictures of myself, my face is much less defined even though I'm in much better shape physically than I was then. (180cm/71kg).

I've had blood tests and according to my doctor everything is good but my prolactin levels were slighty higher than normal. I was referred to an endocrinologist for whom I did another blood tests and that I'm going to see again in 2 months.

I will keep you guys updated. Please let me know if you have experienced any of the following things that I have.