My family and grandmother are messed up

baldguy28

Established Member
Reaction score
I have 3 cousins around my same age which is 28 and a brother who is 19 and they all have their full heads of hair and coincidentally they all also have girlfriends while I've been single basically for my whole life. We got together last weekend for a birthday party and my grandmother made a comment to me that it looks like my hairloss has accelerated (just what I needed to hear) and she believes that hairloss is SOLELY due to stress. She says that I'm the only one who is going bald in my family because I stress myself out too much and she thinks that I need to stop. My family agreed with her! My dad's whole friggin side of the family is bald and I've always been told that I resemble him in every way so I likely was just the lucky one to inherit his genes. How f&@$# up is that? I felt like punching something later on because it's like these people just don't understand nor make an effort to understand.

VWdude

Reaction score
Well guess what, I've been told by my own mother that my hair loss is due to styling my hair... and all the "gunk" i put in it. It's like they can't come to terms with their son and/or grandson losing their hair. My father is bald and its not from styling my hair... i just inherited the horseshoe genes and thats all there is to it. You are not the only one, but i know comments like " looks like your hairloss has accelerated" are very uncalled for.

viperfish

Reaction score
I think most family members think hairloss is kinda funny in a way. This is especially true for older members, like grandparents, etc. They don't realize that it is hurtful to pick on someone, due to their hairloss. My mom has said to me many times, "Stop putting all that crap in your hair! This is giving you the problem!". I've tried to explain the whole dht thing, etc and she just does not get it.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I could say something about your relatives but I won't out of respect. In other words, you guys are right, they are WRONG.

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
my relatives give me the same thing too.

they tell me I shouldn't have dyed my hair so much when I was younger. That the bleach in the hair dye is making my hair fall out.

arhhh I don't even try to explain the male pattern baldness process to them anymore. They just don't understand.

Deaner

Reaction score
You guys are so dumb. Stop putting all that sh*t in your hair and you'll be fine. What're you thinking?

G

baldguy28 said:
I have 3 cousins around my same age which is 28 and a brother who is 19 and they all have their full heads of hair and coincidentally they all also have girlfriends while I've been single basically for my whole life. We got together last weekend for a birthday party and my grandmother made a comment to me that it looks like my hairloss has accelerated (just what I needed to hear) and she believes that hairloss is SOLELY due to stress. She says that I'm the only one who is going bald in my family because I stress myself out too much and she thinks that I need to stop. My family agreed with her! My dad's whole friggin side of the family is bald and I've always been told that I resemble him in every way so I likely was just the lucky one to inherit his genes. How f&@$# up is that? I felt like punching something later on because it's like these people just don't understand nor make an effort to understand.

They just don't understand about hairloss. I suppose in those days there was no chance of doing anything about it so they just accepected it. In this day and age it's a little more difficult to come to terms with.

I would not worry. They will be dead soon...

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
baldguy28 said:

TELL ME ABOUT IT! my parents blame that "sh*t you put on you hair" for my hairloss and squarely put all the blame on my shoulders.

you see, this is very ironic.

its their crappy genes that cause my hairloss, im the one that suffers and im the cash-strapped one that has pays for the medication to try to correct it. and all they do is blame me. BUT ITS THEIR FAULT!! they wont even sympathise.i fuckin hate it. its just that they've become so arrogant and point blank refuse to admit its their genes. my relationship with my parents would be so much better if they understood the root cause of my problems. instead, we're just on bad terms all the time. it doesnt help, when my highly eductaed older brother who is down well down the balding track, adopts a neutral poistion. they think he sides with them, so they believe it even more. my parents are uneducated. Thats probably it.

and dont even start with relatives. i go to my cousins' house and all of em, 1 by 1 all 7 of em, make a derogatory comment about the state of my hair. and then they all make a meal out of it. "oh look ma, [my name] is balding. Yeh son, i believe he is. then the little sister says "[my name] why dont you have hair on your head?" then the other brother goes "you have pubes for hair" and then the father goes "you should get it shaven once more, it will grown back thicker", then another brother goes "why dont you apply some olive oil on your hair 2 hours before washing it, and make sure you dont use hot water whilst washing it, cos that just rips hair out" and finally the last brother says "go sort your hair out".

for fucks sake. ive stopped going.

baldguy28

Established Member
Reaction score
damn

That last post that I read is just downright cruel. Then others wonder why some people develop "mental problems" that affect them for the rest of their lives.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Agreed... What a horrible family. I would just tell each one of those 7 to f*** off as soon as they open their mouthes again.

drinkrum

Reaction score
hairschmair said:
Agreed... What a horrible family. I would just tell each one of those 7 to f*** off as soon as they open their mouthes again.

And then burn them at the stake.

D.