My Current Regimen with progress and regrowth

tuck89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

So this is my first post here but ive been lurking for some time now and learnt a lot from here. Basically I started noticing my hair thinning about five years ago, i am 32 now. I didn't notice how bad it had got until I took these photos back in 2019.

29-12-2019(2).jpg
29-12-2019(1).jpg

As you can see the back had gotten pretty bad. It was at that point that i began researching what i could do and found this site. So i started off using minoxidil and nizoral shampoo as i didn't want to have to take finasteride due to all the stories with sides etc.

The minoxidil and nizoral worked pretty well, i then added a 1.5 derma stamp once a week and did not use minoxidil for 24 hours. I think the results were really good considering where i started, the pictures below are roughly a year later than the previous pics, but its worth mentioning i did not begin my regime straight away.

13-10-2020.jpg
3-11-2020.jpg

Unfortunately i got lazy and did not follow my routine correctly and lost a lot of my gains between then and now, however the past two months ive started again, same routine with minoxidil twice a day, nizoral shampoo and needling once a week, the day i needle i use a mix of argan and castor oil and leave it on overnight, if anything to just keep my hair healthy, these pictures are my current progress.

26-08-2021(3).jpg
26-08-2021.jpg

Most of what you can see on my hairline is newer growth. So hopefully it will continue improving, but from what i experienced most of the growth i got came when i introduced the needling. Im planning on adding topical finasteride soon only 0.05% as ive read its less likely to systemic as the 0.1%, at least that way if i do get sides they wont be as bad hopefully.

The main thing i would note is that in the first pictures i had spots with no hair on them, now i have thin spots but they have hair which gives me some hope at least. Anyway just thought i would share, will update as things change.

Attachments

• 23-11-2020.jpg
    23-11-2020.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 176

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

So this is my first post here but ive been lurking for some time now and learnt a lot from here. Basically I started noticing my hair thinning about five years ago, i am 32 now. I didn't notice how bad it had got until I took these photos back in 2019.

View attachment 168246 View attachment 168247

As you can see the back had gotten pretty bad. It was at that point that i began researching what i could do and found this site. So i started off using minoxidil and nizoral shampoo as i didn't want to have to take finasteride due to all the stories with sides etc.

The minoxidil and nizoral worked pretty well, i then added a 1.5 derma stamp once a week and did not use minoxidil for 24 hours. I think the results were really good considering where i started, the pictures below are roughly a year later than the previous pics, but its worth mentioning i did not begin my regime straight away.

View attachment 168248View attachment 168250

Unfortunately i got lazy and did not follow my routine correctly and lost a lot of my gains between then and now, however the past two months ive started again, same routine with minoxidil twice a day, nizoral shampoo and needling once a week, the day i needle i use a mix of argan and castor oil and leave it on overnight, if anything to just keep my hair healthy, these pictures are my current progress.

View attachment 168254View attachment 168256

Most of what you can see on my hairline is newer growth. So hopefully it will continue improving, but from what i experienced most of the growth i got came when i introduced the needling. Im planning on adding topical finasteride soon only 0.05% as ive read its less likely to systemic as the 0.1%, at least that way if i do get sides they wont be as bad hopefully.

The main thing i would note is that in the first pictures i had spots with no hair on them, now i have thin spots but they have hair which gives me some hope at least. Anyway just thought i would share, will update as things change.
Those are great pics especially in terms of expression of hair quality improvements, likely to be associated with anagen increases compared to changes in raw count number which seems less likely to be associated with anagen increase or which increases anagen some but upon desisting, anagen drops like a stone among these follices and they are quickly lost again.

tuck89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are great pics especially in terms of expression of hair quality improvements, likely to be associated with anagen increases compared to changes in raw count number which seems less likely to be associated with anagen increase or which increases anagen some but upon desisting, anagen drops like a stone among these follices and they are quickly lost again.
Thank you, yer i was hoping it was more than likely just the growth phase changing. Im sticking to the routine more than ever so will hopefully see even better results. I think im going to need a dht blocker at some point though, so that's where the topical finasteride comes in, so hopefully it will give me better results.