My biggest fear.

ScottyKnows

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Scotty, and I'm 21 years old. Male pattern baldness runs in my family big time. Every one of my uncles have quite a bit of hair loss, and my dad has the whole horseshoe thing going on. Over the past year or so, I've noticed myself losing hair as well.

I don't know why, but losing my hair is my number one biggest fear in life. I know it's very vain, and there are so many things I should be more afraid of...But this is it. I love my hair. I honestly don't know what I would do if I ever lost it. I feel so silly typing this. I feel silly for making such a big deal out of it, but I can't help it.

That said, my hair loss is in very early stages. My hairline has receded a bit, and I've noticed my crown thinning. I like to have long-ish hair, and it sits on my head flat and lifeless unless I use some kind of product. Currently, I take a supplement called Hairomega DHT, a multivitamin specifically for hair, Niacin, Biotin, and I use a panthenol conditioner as well as polysorbate 80 a few times a week. I ordered a 3 month supply of Rogaine foam yesterday, but I'm afriad of the infamous "shedding phase". Is it too early to start using minoxidil? It might seem a bit drastic, being a lifelong commitment and all, but if my hair gets any thinner I'm going to freak out. I can post pics of my hairline/crown if you'd like to see and offer any advice.