My bad news

Zoso

Reaction score
I got some bad news today. I finally went to see a dermatologist as everyone on this forum suggested. However, my dermatologist informed me that, at 17, I am too young to take anything to combat hair loss. So with this news I find myself with no options. According to this dermatologist I have to wait unitl I'm in my 20's before I can start taking anything. So what am I supposed to do now? Wait 3 or 4 more years, during which time even more of my hair will have fallen out, giving me less chance of ever regaining my old hair line. It's a sad state of affairs.

hopewas

Reaction score
if he said you're indeed going bald, start taking minoxidil at least. f*** what that dermatologist says

Stingray

Reaction score
17 is too young for propecia. But topical anti-androgens and minoxidil is a definite yes. Get on it boyee!

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Zoso, Stingrays got it right. minoxidil at least, but a topical antiandrogen is a good way to fight the DHT battle now. As far as Finasteride, your Doctor has a point, it really isnt totally safe until you're finished developing, and its uncertain when that is. People go by the age 18, but it could be sooner, it could be later. Use your best judgement on when to start taking an internal DHT inhibitor.

Stingray, its good to see you back with some frequency! :) Though I hope its not due to any setbacks. How're things workin out for you?

Stingray

Reaction score
Ehhh, I ran into some financial problems last month... plus the whole fuckhead prez thing made me just not want to even read this forum anymore. Things still look alright... been on a sorta shed cuz I had to stop minoxidil till I could afford a new box. Things are looking up jobwise too...

I'm not gonna be mr. post wh*** like I was before... just watching for the mega idiots now.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sucks 'bout the minoxidil, Sting. Maybe you should go Kirkland,. Im stocked up on minoxidil for the next half a year for just $40.

I think its probably good to slow down in the forums. Its good to come here and help people, but we gotta live our lives, y'know? Pretty soon I think I will be slowing way down in these forums.

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
i think you're fine taking it zoso, i'm 19 and and i take it even against the whim of the great stingray

that is of course, flux or stingray can provide some official notice about it being unsafe, then i dont think you should take it

but i can say, if i were in your shoes, i'd take my chances and buy some propecia online

Stingray

Reaction score
Just lookin' out for the little guy.

Don't think I need to furnish proof that removing any hormone from the body while you are still developing can potentially be catastrophic.

I thought you idiots would know that by now. But then again...

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray said:
Don't think I need to furnish proof that removing any hormone from the body while you are still developing can potentially be catastrophic.

I thought you idiots would know that by now. But then again...

:laugh:

le voleur

Reaction score
go for it man. I had to do it over again i would have just done thecastration at 17. That would have totally put the kibosh on hairloss.