My 4 1/2 month-Propecia update with pics

inktomei

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm 29 years old; been losing my hair slowly for the longest time. Last year it hit me particularly hard. My hair started going pretty fast and I could no longer deny that I was gonna be bald as hell.

I finally gathered enough guts to get a prescription for propecia. At first I was really scared. After hearing all the horror stories about how finasteride were turning men into women, I was afraid that I'd be one of 'em.

Now after 4 1/2 months, I can honestly say that I'm glad to have taken the first step in reversing my hairloss. Here's some a coupla pics for y'all to see. The lighting is a bit off, but I think you'll be able to see the difference.

9-22-05 Dry Hair
100_1649.jpg

2-04-06 Dry Hair
100_1798.jpg
[/img]

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Jeez your a good responder, imagine the results you'll have by 2nd year...

Not to mention if you used rogaine..

Good stuff glad to hear!

inktomei

Reaction score
Jeez your a good responder, imagine the results you'll have by 2nd year...

Yeah I was a bit surprised by it. Actually, I noticed a massive shed about 2-3 weeks after I started finasteride. I was a bit freaked out at the time, but I figured I was gonna lose my hair anyway so I was like "oh well what the hell". By the beginning of January, my wife and friends were remarking on my thicker hair. That was also when I noticed less shedding in the tub when I wash my hair (and I wash it everyday).

If you look closer at the pic you can still see my scalp, and my hair is a pic longer in the bottom pic. I might not have more hair by count but they're definitely thicker on top. I'll be sure to post more updates as I progress. Thanks.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
wow!!! that amazing result you are having!!! guess you can get off this forums soon. haha...

Britannia

Reaction score
Great results. Needs moving to success stories!

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't tell from your longer hair on the bottom, but have you noticed any regrowth on the temple areas? I think I'm gonna start on finasteride to try to reverse my "V" hairline. I look like Vince McMahon and I'm only 26!

inktomei

Reaction score
Can't tell from your longer hair on the bottom, but have you noticed any regrowth on the temple areas? I think I'm gonna start on finasteride to try to reverse my "V" hairline. I look like Vince McMahon and I'm only 26!

Yes, there's minor regrowth in the temple areas. Not thick regrowth, but I do see some of the areas being filled in with fuzzy hair.

inktomei

Reaction score
Update at 18 months

Hi guys, I'm back. Haven't been taken a lot of pictures but here's an update. As you can see, I haven't made much progress since the initial burst of growth. But, I'm just really glad to be able to keep the same amount of hair. I'm also thinking about getting on Rogaine soon but will wait 6 more months to see if there's more progress with Propecia alone.

The lighting in the newest pic kind of sucks. I'll probably need to attempt a few more pics with the same lighting as the first two.

March 5, 2007 dry hair 1
100_2234-1.jpg

March 5, 2007 dry hair 2
100_2229.jpg

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that's very impressed compared to how u were initially! really glad for u and very encouraging for Norwood's like me trying to maintain! thanks for the pics!

indie85

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, it has clearly reversed the miniaturization you had going on at the top of your hair. That hair looks much thicker and obviously grows much longer now. Congrats. I bet with min you could regrow some of your temples too.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
man you've got a nice head of hair now! that's really impressive

i was reading your regimen, where did you get a perscription to "Be Happy"...i think it might be what's making the difference

congrats and i hope it keeps getting better!

G

Looks really healthy, I wish my hair would respond like that..... :cry:

Go for Rogaine foam and you might even regrow your hairline.